Glint/Shiro AoE

Hi,

So, I don't have Herald maxed out on my rev, I think im 72% through. Enough for the heal, swiftness, and might facets.

Heading into a fight I place all three on myself, switch to shiro, pop IO, and try to stay alive. Single target is no problem at all, but AOE is where I feel incredibly weak and nothing in the remaining traits yet to be learned will help with AOE. How do I deal with packs of 3 or 4, or those pocket raptors in HoT? Just spam sword 3?

I honestly feel Jalis/shiro was a lot better than a power herald. I would almost always open with Jalis and his hammers, Sword 4 and 3, get down to ~10 energy, switch to Shiro, IO and auto attack away. Everything would be dead.

Any advice on how to properly play glint/shiro? Im about to put down my Rev for a while because he requires too much work for the same output other classes have so much easier. And Im just not a huge fan of either elite spec Im realizing.

@cesmode.4257 said:Hi,

So, I don't have Herald maxed out on my rev, I think im 72% through. Enough for the heal, swiftness, and might facets.

Heading into a fight I place all three on myself, switch to shiro, pop IO, and try to stay alive. Single target is no problem at all, but AOE is where I feel incredibly weak and nothing in the remaining traits yet to be learned will help with AOE. How do I deal with packs of 3 or 4, or those pocket raptors in HoT? Just spam sword 3?

I honestly feel Jalis/shiro was a lot better than a power herald. I would almost always open with Jalis and his hammers, Sword 4 and 3, get down to ~10 energy, switch to Shiro, IO and auto attack away. Everything would be dead.

Any advice on how to properly play glint/shiro? Im about to put down my Rev for a while because he requires too much work for the same output other classes have so much easier. And Im just not a huge fan of either elite spec Im realizing.

Why not just play glint/jalis? Rev doesnt have designated power dps legend so it's struggling a bit in that area when it somes to pve.

@steki.1478 said:

Why not just play glint/jalis? Rev doesnt have designated power dps legend so it's struggling a bit in that area when it somes to pve.

Everywhere I go, everything I read, all the guides, forum posts, etc say glint/shiro, I guess specifically for impossible odds.

Is IO not worth it currently?

@cesmode.4257 said:

Everywhere I go, everything I read, all the guides, forum posts, etc say glint/shiro, I guess specifically for impossible odds.

Is IO not worth it currently?

Guides for what?

Open world is all about adapting to different situations and changing builds accordingly. If you need aoes then take aoes, no matter what guides say. Guides mostly help for very specific encounters.

First and foremost, understand that you can specialize as a Herald and not have to invoke Glint as one of your Legends.

Secondly, Glint/Shiro is typically recommended for open world traversal (pre-POF) because Glint gives you permanent Swiftness, which is great for moving between locations. As for AOE in this setup, if you're invoking Glint, use Gaze of Darkness (Facet of Darkness) and Elemental Blast (Facet of Elements) as your openers to manage incoming damage. Once you get Facet of Chaos, double-pop that for a big CC and burst damage. If you're invoking Shiro, open with Enchanted Daggers (Heal) and Impossible Odds, and hack away. Otherwise, the majority of your AOE damage comes from Preparation Thrust chain (Sword 1) and Precision Strike (Sword 2).

If you want more sustained damage output, Shiro/Jalis may be the better option for you. Vengeful Hammers deals a fair amount of DPS, while providing your character with healing, damage reduction, and damage buffs. While in this setup, make use of Elder Force by double-popping your Facet of Nature.

Archived