Tank or Support Scrapper in T4 Fractals?

Ashgar.3024

Hello. I've been recently progressing through Fractals and i'm looking to start doing T4s soon with a group of friend, i normally play a Staff Daredevil but i've been interested in trying out a more support-oriented character for a while and i have more than enough gold to craft myself a full set for it. I like the Engineer class and i always thought it had a lot of potential for it, but for whatever reason i'm hardly seeing any builds for it at all any where, outside a particular Healer build aimed for raids on Metabattle.

Was wondering if anyone ran something like that and what kind of gear they aimed for. I do remember the devs commenting on some of the recent changes to some of the traits line being aimed at making Scrapper more viable in a tanking role.

If it helps anything i usually consistently run with a Support Chrono and a Weaver.

@"Griever.8150" said:Hello. I've been recently progressing through Fractals and i'm looking to start doing T4s soon with a group of friend, i normally play a Staff Daredevil but i've been interested in trying out a more support-oriented character for a while and i have more than enough gold to craft myself a full set for it. I like the Engineer class and i always thought it had a lot of potential for it, but for whatever reason i'm hardly seeing any builds for it at all any where, outside a particular Healer build aimed for raids on Metabattle.

Was wondering if anyone ran something like that and what kind of gear they aimed for. I do remember the devs commenting on some of the recent changes to some of the traits line being aimed at making Scrapper more viable in a tanking role.

If it helps anything i usually consistently run with a Support Chrono and a Weaver.

If you're not running DPS on holo, then there is a scrapper healer build which is still in its infancy and hasn't caught on, but is still effective. I'll post a build that I've tried and seems effective:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqensTBFpitbBeZB0ehFDjiuxf8KPMAuv8Tc/6v/D-jhxGQB0T9HCq8DAnAAy9AA9AlY/hJqEkUAfrXD-e

You're essentially cycling through the 3 kits for their heal/cleanse skills, comboing water fields, and using gyro and shield for protection/damage reduction, and mine for a free blast finisher. Because it's using toughness gear (Minstrel's), you should get focused by a fair number of enemies, which makes MDF work great. You can also do decent CC between the shield skills, detonate mine, and soft CC's from mortar kit.

The only downside is generally have to stay really close to your allies and hope they stay tight-knit. When they spread out, your effectiveness greatly diminishes, as most of your healing is concentrated around your location or stationary AoEs.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"Griever.8150" said:Hello. I've been recently progressing through Fractals and i'm looking to start doing T4s soon with a group of friend, i normally play a Staff Daredevil but i've been interested in trying out a more support-oriented character for a while and i have more than enough gold to craft myself a full set for it. I like the Engineer class and i always thought it had a lot of potential for it, but for whatever reason i'm hardly seeing any builds for it at all any where, outside a particular Healer build aimed for raids on Metabattle.

If you're not running DPS on holo, then there is a scrapper healer build which is still in its infancy and hasn't caught on, but is still effective. I'll post a build that I've tried and seems effective:

You're essentially cycling through the 3 kits for their heal/cleanse skills, comboing water fields, and using gyro and shield for protection/damage reduction, and mine for a free blast finisher. Because it's using toughness gear (Minstrel's), you should get focused by a fair number of enemies, which makes MDF work great. You can also do decent CC between the shield skills, detonate mine, and soft CC's from mortar kit.

The only downside is generally have to stay really close to your allies and hope they stay tight-knit. When they spread out, your effectiveness greatly diminishes, as most of your healing is concentrated around your location or stationary AoEs.

Thanks that's a lot what i was looking for, what stat would you use on Weapon though?

@Griever.8150 said:

@Griever.8150 said:Hello. I've been recently progressing through Fractals and i'm looking to start doing T4s soon with a group of friend, i normally play a Staff Daredevil but i've been interested in trying out a more support-oriented character for a while and i have more than enough gold to craft myself a full set for it. I like the Engineer class and i always thought it had a lot of potential for it, but for whatever reason i'm hardly seeing any builds for it at all any where, outside a particular Healer build aimed for raids on Metabattle.

Thanks that's a lot what i was looking for, what stat would you use on Weapon though?

Whoops! Minstrel's as well. Forgot to include sigils in that link.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqensTBFpitbBeZB0ehFDjiuxf8KPMAuv8Tc/6v/D-jhxGQB0T9HCq8DAnAAy9AA9AlY/hJqEkUAfrXD-e

Archived