Returning from 5 year hiatus, help

Hi everyone,As the title suggests, I'm returning to the game after a 5 year break and after playing for 10 hours or so, I'm in love with the came again. Just need some direction on how to make gold, level professions and so on. Main is a level 80 revenant, also have a 61 warrior and 25 guardian. So far I'm selling materials on the trading post but am wondering if there is more I can do. Thanks

For levelling, story and mapping will do fine to begin with. Also do the dailies you can easily get done. All 3 dailies will also give 2 gold. Selling mats is the primary source of gold, so nothing wrong there. Some mats are more valuable than others, but for common mats on the maps, iron, platinum, hard wood and seasoned wood are quite profitable(not found in starter maps,though). Fractals are also a good source of gold, through the contents of fractal encryptions, among other things.

@Whiska.4812 said:Hi everyone,As the title suggests, I'm returning to the game after a 5 year break and after playing for 10 hours or so, I'm in love with the came again. Just need some direction on how to make gold, level professions and so on. Main is a level 80 revenant, also have a 61 warrior and 25 guardian. So far I'm selling materials on the trading post but am wondering if there is more I can do. Thanks

The best way to make gold is to either finish your dailies, the best ones being the PvP dailies (win one PvP match and you get two gold) or sell tier 5 or 6 materials on the trading post.

For leveling professions, try using every weapon for each profession. For example, p/p is good for thief because it's a burst weapon that while it's boring to play for s/d or d/p thieves is effective at killing mobs quickly, greatsword for guardian if you're using Judge's Intervention, axe/axe for warrior, longbow for rangers etc.

If you own both of the expansions, try doing HoT first to get the glider as well as the upgraded version of it (infinite flight with glider) and then you can move on to PoF. Unless you don't care about the story, you can jump straight into PoF to get the mounts. They're not the most useful when it comes to traversing if you've completed the zone, but they are useful for people that want to get map completion.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@"Whiska.4812" said:Hi everyone,As the title suggests, I'm returning to the game after a 5 year break and after playing for 10 hours or so, I'm in love with the came again. Just need some direction on how to make gold, level professions and so on. Main is a level 80 revenant, also have a 61 warrior and 25 guardian. So far I'm selling materials on the trading post but am wondering if there is more I can do. Thanks

The best way to make gold is to either finish your dailies, the best ones being the PvP dailies (win one PvP match and you get two gold) or sell tier 5 or 6 materials on the trading post.

Fractal dailies are extremely rewarding also. I'd forgotten that T3 was, like, 10-15 gold for the six daily ones, before you start selling the non-junk drops. (Assuming you purchase the discount keys, and open the encryptions, then sell the junk they give.)

For leveling professions, try using every weapon for each profession. For example, p/p is good for thief because it's a burst weapon that while it's boring to play for s/d or d/p thieves is effective at killing mobs quickly, greatsword for guardian if you're using Judge's Intervention, axe/axe for warrior, longbow for rangers etc.

TBH, for levelling my recommendation is "high burst, ranged", as much as possible, because it smooths things out. P/P thief is great because the burst is high, and it can hit things at range, getting you the damage quickly.

Once you hit ~ level 50 to 60, start to move away from that. At that stage your enemies are robust enough to start to notice differences in weapons other than "fast or slow", and you have enough unlocked on the account to give a fair shake to them.

Archived