Changing Website Language to English

First of all, thanks for your reply.I already have everything set to English including OS.Visiting a link to the English website, or adding the /en/ to the url works once, but after moving to a different page it changes back again.So does that mean there just is no option to select the language?

@ChockLatte.9583 said:So does that mean there just is no option to select the language?

On the page itself? No. It's automatic based on your language.

@ChockLatte.9583 said:Visiting a link to the English website, or adding the /en/ to the url works once, but after moving to a different page it changes back again.

Most of the links on guildwars2.com should keep you on the language you're currently seeing, since it's included in the links. Some of the links however do not, such as the "all news" link, which goes to /news/, rather than /en/news/. The ones like this will revert you to the preferred language of your browser.

@ChockLatte.9583 said:I already have everything set to English including OS.

You can have multiple languages, the first being the top priority. The site defaults to English unless one of the other languages is taking priority. To make English a priority, English/United States [en-us] and/or English [en] needs to be at the top of the list.

In Firefox, you set your preferred language under the general options.

In Chrome, it's found under the advanced settings.

In Explorer/Edge, you have to change it for the entire system under the Control Panel > Language. (I'd recommend using the other browsers)

After confirming the language, clear your browser's cache and visit https://www.guildwars2.com/. You can confirm what your browser is requesting by pressing F12 to open the dev tools, selecting the networking tab and visiting the link. Under the network tab, select the request to view the headers being sent - verify the language request header, which should be something like: "Accept-Language: en-US,en".

Maybe they also factor your IP, but I can only confirm that I can do the opposite and set it to German.

Archived