Returning - Need help

Herdum.3194

I've been away a while and i'm looking to come back, I need help with classes and elite specs...I want a class or spec that'd good at solo PvE, fairly quick moving, also a spec that may be useful in PUG raids/fractals.Preferably power over condition type of spec.My last requirement is that it would be fairly sustainable for a returning player...ANY input is welcome,Thanks in advance.

@Herdum.3194 said:I've been away a while and i'm looking to come back, I need help with classes and elite specs...I want a class or spec that'd good at solo PvE, fairly quick moving, also a spec that may be useful in PUG raids/fractals.Preferably power over condition type of spec.My last requirement is that it would be fairly sustainable for a returning player...ANY input is welcome,Thanks in advance.

Every single profession is viable in open world PvE, as well as in fractals and raids. Here's a brief list for viable power (best) professions:

1. Engineer = Core or Holosmith.

2. Elementalist = Core or Weaver

3. Guardian = Core or Dragonhunter

4. Thief = Core, Daredevil or Deadeye

5. Warrior = Core or Spellbreaker

6. Mesmer = Core or Chronomancer

7. Ranger = Core or Soulbeast

8. Revenant = Core, Herald or Renegade

9. Necromancer = Reaper

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Herdum.3194 said:I've been away a while and i'm looking to come back, I need help with classes and elite specs...I want a class or spec that'd good at solo PvE, fairly quick moving, also a spec that may be useful in PUG raids/fractals.Preferably power over condition type of spec.My last requirement is that it would be fairly sustainable for a returning player...ANY input is welcome,Thanks in advance.

Every single profession is viable in open world PvE, as well as in fractals and raids. Here's a brief list for viable power (best) professions:
  1. Engineer = Core or Holosmith.
  2. Elementalist = Core or Weaver
  3. Guardian = Core or Dragonhunter
  4. Thief = Core, Daredevil or Deadeye
  5. Warrior = Core or Spellbreaker
  6. Mesmer = Core or Chronomancer
  7. Ranger = Core or Soulbeast
  8. Revenant = Core, Herald or Renegade
  9. Necromancer = Reaper

Past 6 is highly unlikely to get into a pug. And any pug that picks up a mesmer expects them to play boonshare chrono unless stated otherwise. As for sustainable of those 6, I'd say:

1 chrono2 war3 guardi4 engi ele and thief are tied here, as they all require you to know how to properly use your active defences.

If we were to count the others, I'd rank ranger and necro somewhere between war and guardi, and rev below guardi.

Though personal survivability isn't much of an issue in instanced content as 1 slot is saved for a healer, 2 in some raid groups. Though how much you trust that healer is another story.

Archived