Unique dialogue. I kind of miss them. (Small Nitpicks)

Now I know not everyone cares but I used to like it, the first time I noticed it is with Taimi in Scarlet's home in LWS2! if you were an Engineer, Taimi would acknowledge this when you both examined a Steam Minotaur head! It gave some pretty cool tidbits on the Commander's youth and how he or she was an engineer apprentice learning from teachers, and how the wiring was an outdated method. I was kind of hoping for this in LWS 3 when Canach made a remark about Mesmers, apologizing to Jory. I actually made a mesmer cause with the Sylvaries unique dialogue in Heart of Thorns, Or when you picked two Sylvari (Caithe and Canach) Rhytlock acknowledged this saying "Wait... So two out of three going into Mordremoth's mind are sylvari? Does anyone else see a problem here?" It was disappointing that Canach and even the Commander didn't acknowledge that Canach insulted the Commander as well if he or she was a Mesmer!

I was having high hopes for this unique dialogue in Path of Fire. Enemy of my Enemy, Rhytlock made a remark of tricks and Kasmeer took offense to this and Rhytlock ending it all on "You guys are worse then Elementalist!" Yet again, my Mesmer commander standing there being silent again. Ugh! So much missed potential, I mean it's small but it's always cool to see, like an Elementalist or Mesmer commander would acknowledge Rhytlock's remarks and retort it with some banter. Just some colorful adjustments to the Commander's personality based on their class.

Example, if the Commander was an Elementalist he or she would say "Aww, What's wrong Rhytlock? Don't like the fact your fur is flammable?" With Rhytlock replying with "Don't you even dare, Commander." Followed with the Elementalist commander chuckling. Something like that. Just little unique dialogue that don't change much but add a bit of uniqueness to certain classes in GW2.

Made the Commander more involved into the Story, altering his or her future dialogue on choices you made. It was so cool. I mean I know you can do it Anet, You gave Revenant's unique dialogue banters with their attuned Legends! Little details go a long way, Taimi acknowledging an Engineer Commander is one of the most memorable moments I experienced in Guild Wars 2!

In that dialogue example you gave there is a slight variation if you are an elementalist where Rytlock will follow up by saying "Uh, no offense, commander". So only elementalist has unique dialogue, which is strange since mesmer would be an obvious one to have something unique there too.

@"SpaceRaccoon.9684" said:In that dialogue example you gave there is a slight variation if you are an elementalist where Rytlock will follow up by saying "Uh, no offense, commander". So only elementalist has unique dialogue, which is strange since mesmer would be an obvious one to have something unique there too.

Sounds like a bug to me.

@"SpaceRaccoon.9684" said:In that dialogue example you gave there is a slight variation if you are an elementalist where Rytlock will follow up by saying "Uh, no offense, commander". So only elementalist has unique dialogue, which is strange since mesmer would be an obvious one to have something unique there too.

As an elementalist I can say this was true. I laughed when I heard it and was wondering what he would say if I was a Mesmer. Disappointed that there isn't a clever line for the situation :'(

@"Rukhil.5271" said:As an elementalist I can say this was true. I laughed when I heard it and was wondering what he would say if I was a Mesmer. Disappointed that there isn't a clever line for the situation :'(

I first played the story on an Elementalist so I initially though Rytlock's crack about Elementalists was profession-specific. On my second playthrough I was expecting him to say "You guys are worse than Guardians!"

Archived