Industrious gathering tools bug?

There's been no other accounts of this bug; at least, so far. What Profession are you using, and what skills? You may be using some passive trait/skill that puts you in combat (keep an eye out for the yellow splash behind the skill bar when you receive ruined items).In the meantime, be sure to submit a Bug Report via the in-game Report system.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the glyph on an everlasting tool and I've never encountered the issue. I use it for 90% of my gathering now and have been in combat, interrupted, self-interrupted, etc.

I recommend that the OP keep track of exactly when it happens and send in a support ticket. Or (probably better from ANet's perspective), use the in game /bugreporting tool to document as many occurrences as one has patience to submit. That provides additional diagnostic details which should be useful to ANet's QA team, data they'll need for troubleshooting. (for example, where, when, what the character was doing right before, the type of nodes, and so on).

Bug or not, it's not something most people are seeing. So make it easy on ANet to track down what's going on.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I have the glyph on an everlasting tool and I've never encountered the issue. I use it for 90% of my gathering now and have been in combat, interrupted, self-interrupted, etc.

I don't think the tools with a glyph act the same way as the industrious tools on a dev point of view. My guildmates using everlasting tools with glyph don't have any problem.

@"The Pingvinator.2017" said:Sometimes, when I use my industrious gathering tools, the speed of gathering goes back to normal and I get ruined ore or wood. You can counter it with fast reflexes but i've lost a lot of ore and wood because of this bug.

I also have the speed problem but I didn't notice any effect on the ruined ore/wood/plant. I personally thing it's two different bugs. However I notice I never have a "slow" animation (normal speed) when I make sure I move my character a little before pressing "F". between 2 harvests on the same node.

@shizuma.3795 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I have the glyph on an everlasting tool and I've never encountered the issue. I use it for 90% of my gathering now and have been in combat, interrupted, self-interrupted, etc.

I don't think the tools with a glyph act the same way as the industrious tools on a dev point of view. My guildmates using everlasting tools with glyph don't have any problem.I only mentioned my experience so that we can see if the pattern is confined to individuals, to maps, or to other circumstances. And fortunately, you already spotted one: you encountered the issue with the limited-use tools, not a glyph-buffed tool.

Regardless, if you think it's bugging out, make it easy for ANet to troubleshoot by doing any/all of the following (as much as you have time for):

• Use the in-game /bug reporting tool. "Industrious tool sometimes not any quicker" or "Industrious tool returning ruined mats" is all you need to say. The tool records date/time & location/instance, plus makes it easy for the dev to find the specific nodes.
  • Keep a piece of paper (or 'notepad' sheet) and document occurrences. Submit that via a support ticket. More data is more better, but most of us ain't got time for that, so whatever you can. Submitted 5, 10, or 20 examples at once allows the devs to spot patterns, especially if you have location/node details.
  • Or use that same data and update a single post in this very thread.

It's even possible that by keeping careful track, you might spot the pattern.

Archived