Suggestion about WvW classes

Hello everybody! I have just bought HoT expansion and I have one lvl 80 boost to use on a character. At the moment I have lvl 80 ranger for PvE, lvl 80 Herald Revenant for WvW and a lvl 80 Warrior. Apart from these which character should I boost? Right now I am mainly playing WvW but I dont if I will have to do the fractals and dungeons later? So should I boost a character for dungeons or WvW again. I am also planning on crafting a legendary, please note that. So what is best for me do you think? Thank you all.

For PvE stuff it doesn't really matter what you pick. My advice is to pick the profession you think you'd like, then enter the PvP lobby or use the booster preview option to see if it is for you.

You also might want to take a look at the pinned posts in the WvW section, as your "role" there will narrow down what armor class will be most effective, and from there pick the one with the fighting style you like best, unless you want to go support then some options will also stand out.

Still, you can do just about anything with any profession so in the end it comes down to how you like the "style" (weapon skills, support, cc options, elite skills, class mechanic and so forth) of it. Some will have everything you like, others you will feel mixed about. Some have 1 skill that make it worth it, others will feel too slow/fast. There is no right answer - so pick the one you'd enjoy playing the most no matter the reason, and you'll do just fine - but if you want to play in 50v50 fights, you will find some professions are expected, and then only on certain builds. It's about the only limiting factor here.

You don't have to to pve unless you want to. Outside of t4 fractals and raids, people don't care what class you bring in pve as long as you know what you're doing. Might be worth adding: dev team abandoned dungeons in favor of fractals and raids years ago, they're still ran every now and then (ascalon mostly). The guides made about them years ago are as valid today as they were back then, exploits and all.

Archived