GW2 sale price - refund?

I bought HoT/PoF bundle with the 30% discount code and now it is on sale again for 50% off. If this was the situation then I would have bought the deluxe version. I'm tempted to refund as it was only a couple of weeks ago and buy the deluxe bundle, but what would be the best way of going about this? Create a ticket and ask for a refund or just ask to pay the difference between the two versions at current sale price?

Thanks!

@"WilboFraggins.1825" said:I bought HoT/PoF bundle with the 30% discount code and now it is on sale again for 50% off. If this was the situation then I would have bought the deluxe version. I'm tempted to refund as it was only a couple of weeks ago and buy the deluxe bundle, but what would be the best way of going about this? Create a ticket and ask for a refund or just ask to pay the difference between the two versions at current sale price?

Thanks!

You've already had the product for "a couple of weeks" so they probably won't make any deals with you at this point.Consider applying this theory to other items; today something is worth 1k gems, two weeks later it's only 500 - nobody owes you any refunds.I understand that there is a difference between standard and deluxe, feel free to try via support ticket but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Thanks for your reply. According to GW2 support you are entitled to a refund up to 30 days after purchase, so I'd be surprised if I wasn't able to get one. I've heard they do this for people who have missed out on sales before. I just think its a but unfair to tempt people back with a 30% discount only to offer 50% a couple of weeks later.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@"WilboFraggins.1825" said:I bought HoT/PoF bundle with the 30% discount code and now it is on sale again for 50% off. If this was the situation then I would have bought the deluxe version. I'm tempted to refund as it was only a couple of weeks ago and buy the deluxe bundle, but what would be the best way of going about this? Create a ticket and ask for a refund or just ask to pay the difference between the two versions at current sale price?

Thanks!

You've already had the product for "a couple of weeks" so they probably won't make any deals with you at this point.

I'm with @MarshallLaw.9260 here, but ... I'd also say put in the ticket and ask. The worst that happens is they say no, and you are in the same position you were beforehand. The best that happens is you are happier.

oh my god I can't believe it.. I am a returning players ( I purchased the base game in 2012 ). So I purchased Path of fire for 30 $ ( 40 CAD QQ) one week ago. I love it so far

So let's check out for Hearth of thorn and maybe even pour another 100 $ into gems.Hearth of thorn is 30 $ USD ( another 40 $ QQ) but I see something my eyes can't unsee. Together they're 25 $ USD ( 33 $ CAD). What .. the .. hell Arena ? Who are you kidding right now. Do you think I'm stupid or something ?

Now by principe.. If i don't get a refund. I am out. I am never going to play this game again and will waste my money elsewhere. Like ESO. Which I bought one day earlier.

This is unacceptable

edit stone = thorn :p too much witcher

I bought PoF for an alt account 2 days before the sale. Working on the refund now, was sad that I have to basically refund my $30 PoF purchase, have them lock out the content (key) and than repurchase a new 50% off code to get the sale price. Guess they can't just refund the sale difference. I'm just hoping it doesn't remove the progress I made on the mounts for that account.

Archived