Salvage Bug - No Essence of Luck

Hello,

Since last 5-6 days, I have noticed I'm not getting any "Essence of Luck" from salvages. Mostly salvaging rare items. I have tried with about 100 rares, still none. Another friend is tried with 10 rares and got none too.

We are used "Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic" and "Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic" items to salvage. Also tried salvage some blue and green items but result is the same.

Place: WvW mapsLevel: 80Race/Profession: Tried on multiple (Firebrand, Mirage, Scourge, Druid, Spellbreaker etc)Group status: Tried while in group and while not in group.

Well you only get luck from green and blue so thats not a bug.EditProbabely should read whole post before replying.Odd that you dident get from the blue and green, was they bought with wvw badges you should then get badges as salvage.I would assume that anything below would work the same as the exotic armor

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_HonorStarting with the release of the Heart of Thorns expansion, exotic gear purchased from vendors in WvW that cost both Badges of Honor and gold can now be salvaged for some Badges of Honor and the upgrades that were added to that piece of gear.

@The Dervish.7384 said:Do you know when this change happened? I'm pretty sure I was getting Essence of Luck from rare item salvages.

You weren't. The mechanic was always luck from green or blue gear, not from rare or greater (since those already drop other things) and none from whites. (You can read up more on the wiki if you like.)

Archived