Team chat voice coms

Clipzy.9483

Is there voice coms for instances pvp? If not then why in the world isn’t there. It’s important to be able to easily communicate in a match without having to type it out. ESP not during s fight when condis are thrown around like crazy and typing a message would be the end for you but you desperately need assistance. And yes I know I could always group up but some of us enjoy solo que. Could do a voice chat option like what overwatch has where you can join the chat if you want or just join to listen.

Sorry for the rant if this feature already exists and I just haven’t been seeing it. I just came back from a pretty long break

@"eyesrutherford.1357" said:Is there voice coms for instances pvp? If not then why in the world isn’t there. It’s important to be able to easily communicate in a match without having to type it out. ESP not during s fight when condis are thrown around like crazy and typing a message would be the end for you but you desperately need assistance. And yes I know I could always group up but some of us enjoy solo que. Could do a voice chat option like what overwatch has where you can join the chat if you want or just join to listen.

Sorry for the rant if this feature already exists and I just haven’t been seeing it. I just came back from a pretty long break

GW2 doesn't now and is extremely unlikely to include voice. There are plenty of programs out there that do this, it wouldn't make sense for ANet to invest in building their own or even licensing the tech from someone else. The moderation & support issues alone are enough to just say "no."

Those people who want to use Voice for PvP will already have Discord running (anonymously, via a web browser if they prefer) and it takes seconds to start a new 'server' and generate invites.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"eyesrutherford.1357" said:Is there voice coms for instances pvp? If not then why in the world isn’t there. It’s important to be able to easily communicate in a match without having to type it out. ESP not during s fight when condis are thrown around like crazy and typing a message would be the end for you but you desperately need assistance. And yes I know I could always group up but some of us enjoy solo que. Could do a voice chat option like what overwatch has where you can join the chat if you want or just join to listen.

GW2 doesn't now and is extremely unlikely to include voice. There are plenty of programs out there that do this, it wouldn't make sense for ANet to invest in building their own or even licensing the tech from someone else. The moderation & support issues alone are enough to just say "no."

Absolutely this. You can go look at Blizzard putting in-game voice chat into WoW if you want an example of why this doesn't work out good -- and remember Blizzard were competing with Mumble, TeamSpeak, and Ventrillo, all of which quite frankly sucked compared to the ease of use of Discord.

Archived