Mounting stows pets

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:Sometimes when you dismount, your pet is stowed even if it wasn't before. This is especially annoying if you are using the mount to engage, since you expect your pet to be out and helping and instead you lose damage getting the pet back out.

At least for a while, the advice was that for maximum damage a ranger should stow their pet between fights. I don't know if that has changed, but I'm not sure this is as big an issue as it may seem.

Thank you for reporting it, and for the sensible choice to report "probably different" issues separately, both of which are valuable.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:Sometimes when you dismount, your pet is stowed even if it wasn't before. This is especially annoying if you are using the mount to engage, since you expect your pet to be out and helping and instead you lose damage getting the pet back out.

At least for a while, the advice was that for maximum damage a ranger
should
stow their pet between fights. I don't know if that has changed, but I'm not sure this is as big an issue as it may seem.

Thank you for reporting it, and for the sensible choice to report "probably different" issues separately, both of which are valuable.

The two reports for what could be two different problems was indeed a good idea. Until yesterday/earlier today (CEST) mounting and dismounting did not stow your pet. One of the patches from today/yesterday caused this. I don't see how stowing your pet would improve your maximum damage, swapping and stowing pets are two different mechanics so stowing a pet should not trigger Zephyr's Speed or Poison Master (the two traits that give you a buff when swapping pets). The only benefit from stowing your pet is that it doesn't trigger enemies by accident.

I don't like this change and I hope it is a bug. If it isn't a bug I expect a patch note.

Archived