Recipe for wvw Grandmaster tailor mark materials?

Hi,I just started playing wvw and learned that it seems to have its own crafting system for ascended items.I went on Dulpy to look at recipes and it says they are "learned from item".I have no idea what that means. Regular discovery does not seem to work.I bought some items from trading company, but I would much rather craft them.How do I get the recipes?Things like Bolt of Empowered Silk, Blended leather square, or vial of Majic and vial of Might.I expect I am missing something simple, but missing it I am.

Thanks in advance!

Recipes that are learned from a specific item means you have to acquire the item often prefixed with "Recipe:". One example is a Chef recipe you can acquire in Bitterfrost Frontier, it will be "Recipe: Steak With Winterberry Sauce". This is the item you need to acquire and consume in order to even craft the item.

Check the WvW vendors, see if there's any "Recipe" items you need to acquire. Once acquired, use it. You will automatically learn the recipe for the profession -- you need not be the specific level to learn it, only to craft it.

Recipe for Marks is the same everywhere. You can obtain it in wvw with tickets, pvp with tickets, fractals with relics.It's up to you to decide the place/currency.For example wvw vendors have marks recipes that you can pay them with skirmish tickets. You can obtain what you like, in your case tailor mark, and when you consume it you will be able to craft those components.

Personally I have fractal relics in excess, so I took all recipes from there. They are not tied to wvw gear. They are for ascended in general.

@"altermaven.7385" said:Once acquired, use it. You will automatically learn the recipe for the profession -- you need not be the specific level to learn it, only to craft it.

Important note about this: recipes learned from sheets like this are learned for your whole account, not just the character who uses the sheet. Indeed, that character does not even have to have the particular crafting discipline available. They show up "red" if you have the discipline but aren't high enough (crafting) level to craft them.

Archived