Fractal bosses visually disapearing.

Hello, i've ran into the same bug two days in a row now where some boss models just disappear (they still exist on the map, they can still hit me etc, i just can't see them.) Happened on the Legendary Brazen Gladiator in the Chaos Isle Fractal on T4 and on the Captain Mai Trin encounter on T4 as well.

It also happened to two of my friends that i usually run with, so i don't think its an hardware or installation issue on my end.

It's more likely an issue on your end than fundamental to the game, because it doesnt' seem to be widespread. The fact that two of the people you run with are experiencing it is strong, but it's not by itself conclusive. Regardless, start a support ticket now and work with ANet directly, even while trying to troubleshoot/resolve the issue on your own (if possible — some suggestions below).

Assuming the problem is on ANet's end, the first step is to start a support ticket and/or use the in-game /bug reporting tool. The first has the advantages of allowing you to explain the situation (with screenshots), get feedback, and take your time clarifying. The second is faster and offers some diagnostic details automatically.

Assuming the problem is on your end, the first step is ...starting a support ticket. So you can see why I think it's worth starting the ticket now.

To address visual problems on our end of things, there are a couple of typical steps.

• Repair the client. (Instructions)
  • Clear out the cache (instructions)
  • Copy the gw2.dat file in your installation folder, rename the old one to gw2.DATA.old and name the new one, gw2.dat— because of the immense size of this file, windows and mac OS sometimes have trouble defragmenting properly; copying it whole fakes out that process, by putting the copy in a new location.
  • Fiddle with your in-game graphics options (tune things higher... and lower) to see if that helps.
  • Double check your graphic card settings. There are some recommendations for how best to manage them.

Give one/more of the above a try and let us know if that helps (and do start a support ticket, in case it turns out to be something they can help you with better or it does turn out to be a game engine bug).

Archived