So no branded/awakened/haloween/wintersday/exo-suit bettle?

Stealth mount seems unlikely, as ANet probably doesn't want to add more ways to avoid content, which I think is why they resisted mounts to begin with. Considering they added swim speed infusions, I highly doubt they will add an UW mount either. And if they did, it would have to have some sort of mechanic other than swimming fast.

A climbing mount would be cool, but there are probably a lot of technical issue involved since now every vertical surface would become "walkable" and probably need a dedicated system to implement it. Unless they made specific climbable surfaces so they could tightly control what and where we could climb.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"JDub.1530" said:A climbing mount would be cool, but there are probably a lot of technical issue involved since now every vertical surface would become "walkable" and probably need a dedicated system to implement it. Unless they made specific climbable surfaces so they could tightly control what and where we could climb.

Rather than exactly a climbing mount, I was thinking more along the lines of a "parkour" mount.

Sometimes we are running with a mount and then there's a small ledge that the usual mounts cannot reach. For example, the ledge leading to the sand gate at the northwest corner of the Domain of Kourna. It's not something very high - the Springer jumps WAY above it - but the jackal and the raptor cannot jump high enough to reach it (almost, but they don't quite get there). The Griffon can reach it, but it doesn't exactly climb the ledge - it flies and goes above the ledge, and then falls back down (or it goes on to fly in a circle above the ledge).

A mount that allowed smoother movement - it could run and when running automatically climb small ledges (not as high as the Springer could jump), without having to stop to jump up or down - would fill a niche that the other mounts don't quite fit.

For an example of what I mean, see Shadow of Mordor's caragor riding. The mount can very smoothly climb up and down small ledges, without stopping to jump and thus losing speed.

Archived