Choosing New Elite Spec

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I am playing gw2 on and off for 5 years so as new datadisk arrived I obviously decided it is time to play gw2 again after year or so.My only issue is that I don't want to start a new character... Pls mind it is not about lev 80 for me but opening all the teleports, buying bag slots etc. So I have to stay with one of my current toons. Another condition is that I have to like new elite spec.I thought it would be quite easy as I have war rev necro mesmer maxed...Well I was wrong :(

As mainly PvE player with sometime WvW all these options are pathetic.

War... Spellbreaker may be good sPvP but pathetic PvE classMesmer... terrible dps stays feature of MirageRevenant... As I thought Glint is too good to play without... Also damage is not greatNecro... Probably only so so option but I have not enjoyed playstyle during stress test much

So what to do now....

GW2 is one of the most alt-friendly MMO's out there, leveling a new one up can be done by various boosts/leveling tomes (you probably have some birthday rewards from all those years). I had a guardian with 80% world Completion when I came back like 7 months ago but I wanted something new so leveled a new char, which is my main right now.Had everything I needed for my ranger in a few weeks of exploring, unlocking hero points and masteries etc..What I'm trying to say is starting from scratch really is not that bad.

About the professions you mentioned, all specs are perfectly fine for PvE, and you are not forced into using a PoF one. Not sure if that experience is from you playing them yourself, or from reading the forums. But honestly, the forums are a pile of trash lately in terms of useless complaining about just about everything.Try and enjoy the little things and your GW2 time will be a good one again.

as to what to do now: Just pick the profession/elite spec you like the most and play that, none of the ones you posted struggle at all, none of the new elite professions do for that matter.

Archived