Why am I (gold rank) getting matched vs high plats/god of PvP?

Kokoro.8437

@"Kokoro.8437" said:Hello,

I have just gotten out of an incredibly frustrating match.

I was Gold ranked. 1428 MMR.

I have just gotten out a match vs a God of PvP and other top 250 players.

Why is this even a thing? I couldn't do anything that match. I didn't enjoy. i didn't learn anything. THIS IS NOT FUN.

Screenshot attached and names not crossed out because they're relevant for people to check up on the MMR of my team and my opponent's team.

Why is this a thing arenanet? I am ranked in gold. I want to play vs other gold players, and I sure as hell should NOT be anywhere near top 250 players. This is not fun for me and not fun even if there were other plats on my team.

Please implement a hard lock on matchmaking to at most, other players in my tier!

Bronze VS Bronze, Silver vs Silver, Gold vs Gold, Plat vs Plat!! wdmBm3z.jpg

Short answer, and pretty much the gist of it:

There's no one else around.

I recently got handed a 0-9 streak a few days ago after going on a pretty good run. I really wish you could see MMR of players in the match, at least after the game. No way my teammates were on par with the other team's players. I'm in gold and I was with players who were running around like chickens with their heads cut off doing nothing. That and the toxicity of players just about got me to quit the game completely. And the funny thing is it's the worst players on the team that rage and think they know how to play the game.

They say that games like this are rare but I have a 0-9 streak that begs to differ. Even though average MMR might be close skill level was obviously not even close.

@"Rufo.3716" said:That and the toxicity of players just about got me to quit the game completely. And the funny thing is it's the worst players on the team that rage and think they know how to play the game.

Tell me about it. People are crazy, and think they know everything that's happening.

One match, I had a guy say, "Thief, decap Far!"I'm thinking, "Dude, I'm at Far, and I've got three enemies all over me!"

Another match, a Guardian said, "Thief, it's your job to fight the Deadeye. He's killing us!" as he chases the Deadeye around the borders of the map leaving us undermanned at Mid.I'm like, "Dude, I've already downed him twice and killed him once within the first 3 minutes of the match."

Yet another match, I get a Necro saying, "We got a bad Thief. He won't decap."Once again, I'm having to point out, "Dude, I can't decap Far if you keep leaving the Mid fight to decap Far yourself, taking enemies to Far with you. And I can't hold Mid by myself after you leave."

What's really bad is when you get stuck with those toxic players for several games in a row... as in the cases of the Guardian and Necromancer above. I've literally blocked half of my teammates on some matches because all they do is throw out insults.

It's like everybody except actual Thieves know how to play Thief properly.It's also sad that I've had to make it a routine to outline my intentions before the match begins...

"I'll work to keep Far decapped when possible, so let's focus Home and Mid.""Please don't abandon Mid after we win the fight. Let's hold it. I'll decap Far."

Yet I still get random Warriors and Engineers who insist going Far at the start and throughout the match, which leads to losing the Mid fight and getting snowballed.And I still get entire teams who, after winning the initial Mid fight, split off to 4 different directions of the map, leaving Mid completely open, and leaving my poor Thief with no "smart" play to make.

However, the one thing you can always count on... IT'S ALWAYS THE THIEF'S FAULT!!! ;-)

@Kageseigi.2150 said:

@"Rufo.3716" said:That and the toxicity of players just about got me to quit the game completely. And the funny thing is it's the worst players on the team that rage and think they know how to play the game.

Tell me about it. People are crazy, and think they know everything that's happening.

One match, I had a guy say, "Thief, decap Far!"I'm thinking, "Dude, I'm at Far, and I've got three enemies all over me!"

Another match, a Guardian said, "Thief, it's your job to fight the Deadeye. He's killing us!" as he chases the Deadeye around the borders of the map leaving us undermanned at Mid.I'm like, "Dude, I've already downed him twice and killed him once within the first 3 minutes of the match."

Yet another match, I get a Necro saying, "We got a bad Thief. He won't decap."Once again, I'm having to point out, "Dude, I can't decap Far if you keep leaving the Mid fight to decap Far yourself, taking enemies to Far with you. And I can't hold Mid by myself after you leave."

What's really bad is when you get stuck with those toxic players for several games in a row... as in the cases of the Guardian and Necromancer above. I've literally blocked half of my teammates on some matches because all they do is throw out insults.

It's like everybody except actual Thieves know how to play Thief properly.It's also sad that I've had to make it a routine to outline my intentions before the match begins...

"I'll work to keep Far decapped when possible, so let's focus Home and Mid.""Please don't abandon Mid after we win the fight. Let's hold it. I'll decap Far."

Yet I still get random Warriors and Engineers who insist going Far at the start and throughout the match, which leads to losing the Mid fight and getting snowballed.And I still get entire teams who, after winning the initial Mid fight, split off to 4 different directions of the map, leaving Mid completely open, and leaving my poor Thief with no "smart" play to make.

However, the one thing you can always count on...
IT'S ALWAYS THE THIEF'S FAULT!!!
;-)

Im a warrior and I lost to a Tempest, thiefs fault for not doing his +1 properly, bad thief is bad.

Why is this even a thing? I couldn't do anything that match. I didn't enjoy. i didn't learn anything. THIS IS NOT FUN.

Screenshot attached and names not crossed out because they're relevant for people to check up on the MMR of my team and my opponent's team.

Why is this a thing arenanet? I am ranked in gold. I want to play vs other gold players, and I sure as hell should NOT be anywhere near top 250 players. This is not fun for me and not fun even if there were other plats on my team.

Please implement a hard lock on matchmaking to at most, other players in my tier!

Bronze VS Bronze, Silver vs Silver, Gold vs Gold, Plat vs Plat!! wdmBm3z.jpg

Another factor is that even having God of PvP title or Best of the Best or any top 250 title, the game won't consider it, only the rating. So, the low population added to this fact causes this unbalanced matches. Naru shouldn't have 16XX rating because, normally, he should be around legendary rating but no one can climb that high on NA playing more than 120 matches. This way, independent on how good or bad you are, with a 16XX rating you can easily get queued with a gold or a little higher rated player.

@Xuazinegueri.3592 said:

Bronze VS Bronze, Silver vs Silver, Gold vs Gold, Plat vs Plat!!
wdmBm3z.jpg

Another factor is that even having God of PvP title or Best of the Best or any top 250 title, the game won't consider it, only the rating. So, the low population added to this fact causes this unbalanced matches. Naru shouldn't have 16XX rating because, normally, he should be around legendary rating but no one can climb that high on NA playing more than 120 matches. This way, independent on how good or bad you are, with a 16XX rating you can easily get queued with a gold or a little higher rated player.

It shouldn't be considered, when they suck and wintraded the title.

And it's definitely not always the "bad players" being toxic. It's spread accross all ratings.

Archived