Unable to finish "The Sacrifice" 9/25

I can't finish The Sacrifice because it hangs on me every frakking time I talk to Ritlock after the dragon sacrifices itself for you..I talk to Canach and then trigger the memory crystal and then Ritlock and BAM, freeze. I talk to Ritlock before I talk to the other 2 or do anything else and BAm, Freeze. It doesn't matter what order I do it in, at some point while I talk to Ritlock, it hangs.

Yaks BendNornRenegade

@Invincible.1329 said:I can't finish The Sacrifice because it hangs on me every frakking time I talk to Ritlock after the dragon sacrifices itself for you..I talk to Canach and then trigger the memory crystal and then Ritlock and BAM, freeze. I talk to Ritlock before I talk to the other 2 or do anything else and BAm, Freeze. It doesn't matter what order I do it in, at some point while I talk to Ritlock, it hangs.

Yaks BendNornRenegade

I am having the exact same problem , several attempts over a few days still run into the game freezing and becoming unresponsive.

I cannot complete this one also but mine is a different issue. Rytlock doesn't trigger and stays lying on the ground, the first time I done this story mission I got a cut scene with the dragon jumping in the way but now I no longer get this and it won't progress any further. Tried with 2 different characters now and I cannot get passed this story.

I am having the same issue, I'm past the dragon cut scene where I'm talking with Rytlock right after he tells me about when he got his sword in the mists my game locks up, been this way for several days now. I am also having the issue with my download not finishing. it gets to the playable stage then nothing although still showing around 4000 files remaining

@twhite.2870 said:I am having the same issue, I'm past the dragon cut scene where I'm talking with Rytlock right after he tells me about when he got his sword in the mists my game locks up, been this way for several days now. I am also having the issue with my download not finishing. it gets to the playable stage then nothing although still showing around 4000 files remaining

add-repairto your guild wars 2 short cut and launch it. It will repair your game and the download will function as normal. I had this problem because there is a cutscene as rytlock is talking that wasn't loaded. My game was locking up.

My guildie and I are having issue with The Sacrifice. At the step 'Confront Balthazar', he does nothing. We tried standing in damage areas, and if eventually downed, the NPCs just revive us. If we stand in fire, and eventually become defeated (while NPCs are still trying to revive us), and, after some time manage to get to 'Restart from Checkpoint', still Balthazar does nothing but aimlessly toss around some skills.

I hope the next time we try it, it fails to stall. Sigh.

@MachineManXX.9746 said:I'm having the same issue, but it's happening at the final cut scene of "To kill a god". Where would I add the -repair? My launcher looks like "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe"

"C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -repair

Make sure there is a single space between the " and the -

I am having the same issue. I get downed and then Balathazar vanishes and nothing happens. ARENANET are you at least aware of the problem? Could you please let us know that you are aware? This is the second thread I have been able to find addressing this problem and have yet to see one response from ArenaNet.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this same issue and after adding -repair to the exe file, still nothing, I have tried this so many times I am about to give up. Every time, the same thing. Please I need it fix or move me to the next part of the story even if I miss the the end to that part. I can also look it up online.

This is getting very frustrating. Please please help

Archived