Healing orbs for bounties are an un-needed mechanic

Evil Octopi.8253

I've been though several bounties, champ and legendary. What is the deal with the healing orbs? These guys are way tougher than regular champs and legendary enemies, with crazy attacks and aoe spaz storms that throw my head for loop with so much going on. Even with a semi large group I have only cleared like 3 champ bounties. I mean we were close on a few only to have healing orbs stall us and the boss get away. Now I know its probably a learn to play issue, but its also an un-fun mechanic that is only going to cause event avoidance. I can tell you this because I already feel it when someone calls out for help. In chat, " I need help with X bounty" and my first though is "if you have to call out, its not going to get done even if I go help you." This shouldn't be, I want to help. Do the legendary bosses drop cool loot that warrant this type of mechanic? I wouldn't know, I haven't beaten one yet. I'm just saying, the healing orbs are un-needed and un-fun and are setting the wrong mood.

I agree about all this extra mechanic for a champ boss. My personal hatred is Xedra from the Temple board. It's a champ boss stuck in the middle of mobs right next to another completely unrelated champ boss of the exact same kind + these ridiculous ley orbs to discharge your build-up, etc etc etc. Champ boss. Not a legendary beastie. Just a champ boss. Can't get it done though to get my banner of Amnoon piece, and I have been in four groups so far. People in chat laugh about it when I ask for help. It's a waste of their time to help because of how ludicrous it is due to massive (branded) hydra aoe + ley discharge orbs. I made a separate post about Xedra.

This needs rethought.

Archived