State of Spvp

Swiper.8352

You can in unranked? There's no competition or rewards thoughOr once every few hours for AT?

Otherwise no... They just brought duo back so with any luck team may return again but who knows what's going on.... Community at war with each other over it all and has been for a year or so.

Toxic behavior has drastically increased in game too, too much segregation and entitlements to individual playstyles advocating for the removal of other play styles... EG: Solo wants team/duo players gone and vice versa.

If you don't play the elite specs, you might as well shoot yourself on the foot. Matchmaking will never change with PvP's size, and will never change because I think they really did stop trying improve PvP, aside from the occasional "balancing" they do.

On the upside, it's still the same game. Shitty, but it's still fun.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Toxic behavior has drastically increased in game too, too much segregation and entitlements to individual playstyles advocating for the removal of other play styles... EG: Solo wants team/duo players gone and vice versa.

Largely agree with this, though I do wonder if duo/team players ever asked for solo to be removed...it just sounded silly, haven't encounter one that genuinely believes it even on this forum. I guess its more to do with any players having superiority complex in PvP games.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Toxic behavior has drastically increased in game too, too much segregation and entitlements to individual playstyles advocating for the removal of other play styles... EG: Solo wants team/duo players gone and vice versa.

Largely agree with this, though I do wonder if duo/team players ever asked for solo to be removed...it just sounded silly, haven't encounter one that genuinely believes it even on this forum. I guess its more to do with any players having superiority complex in PvP games.

You know, that's also passive-aggressive. SoloQers never wanted duoQ to not exist, but get seperate queues or at least leaderboards for a fair representation of skill. It was kinda obvious they wouldn't put in so much effort though... you know... difficult UI problems... :lol:

On topic: Just give it a try! There are way more effects all over the place than there used to be and power creep is strong, but almost every class has some viable builds and the meta is rather balanced. There are some unfun to fight one shot builds around, but it's not too bad I think. We've had worse. :wink:

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:Toxic behavior has drastically increased in game too, too much segregation and entitlements to individual playstyles advocating for the removal of other play styles... EG: Solo wants team/duo players gone and vice versa.

You know, that's also passive-aggressive. SoloQers never wanted duoQ to not exist, but
get seperate queues or at least leaderboards
for a fair representation of skill. It was kinda obvious they wouldn't put in so much effort though... you know... difficult UI problems... :lol:

On topic: Just give it a try! There are way more effects all over the place than there used to be and power creep is strong, but almost every class has some viable builds and the meta is rather balanced. There are some unfun to fight one shot builds around, but it's not too bad I think. We've had worse. :wink:

Heh in fact I'm all for separate queue, but not everyone agrees with you and me. I do recall arguing with people who actually believe removing team/duo queue simply "because it doesn't represent skill at any level", not just above 1600 etc. In either case I think the team/duo queue poll should be reenacted with the 3rd option of separate queues, or we can just wait for them to bake up the swiss cheese model.

Archived