Do people actually throw ranked matches or is that a joke?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:think of it this way:

You wake up, go to work, deal with kitten people all day and get home and just want to unwind by playing a game...You got some ascended tokens you want to earn for WVW Legendary armor but youve had a big day and just want to zone out in brain dead mode and play the game while also having some fun... You dont care for rank at all, its been a big day at work and just want to relax while making progress to your goals.

Is this throwing to someone who is chasing rank? yes.

is the player intentionally throwing? No... hes just unwinding from work and a big day and doesnt know or care for the 4 randoms on his team... He just wants his loot and some down time.

The issue is, 2 sorts of players are expected to play under 1 guideline... This is why ive made several attempts to bring back team queue so the working man can play with like minded players or to introduce PIPS into unranked at a lower gain rate during seasons so we dont effect those who actually care about rank.

You shouldn't be playing pvp then. Go play wvw to unwind.

I like fighting players, not gates, walls and NPC's.

In case you didn't know this, but I'm not a dev and I didn't put us in this situation... I was quite happy playing with friends and guildies under team queue format with like minded players but we were pushed out of the way to make room for those who wanted to feel special about being anti social.

I mean... I am with you basically. Pips in unranked, teamQ, soloQ, seperate LBs and titles and all... I don't get why Anet puts so few effort in listening to the various suggestions around. Just like you, that's frustrating a lot of players.

But could you please stop calling soloQers "anti social" and all that? Yes, I am a soloQer, and few of my friends play PVP and even less are really good. And I can actually talk to new, random people I am being teamed with. So please, you complained about that passive-aggressive stuff in your other thread, don't do it yourself now... :anguished:

I have become full of salt lmao...

Haven't played in a few days and starting to wonder if I should uninstall because I don't think I'll ever be able to compete with friends and guildies again.

That's what happens when we get neglected, yeah... :cry: I'd recommend waiting for the new tournaments, but honestly, I doubt they'll be released this year. You know, UI problems are reeeaaally hard to solve...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

You wake up, go to work, deal with kitten people all day and get home and just want to unwind by playing a game...You got some ascended tokens you want to earn for WVW Legendary armor but youve had a big day and just want to zone out in brain dead mode and play the game while also having some fun... You dont care for rank at all, its been a big day at work and just want to relax while making progress to your goals.

is the player intentionally throwing? No... hes just unwinding from work and a big day and doesnt know or care for the 4 randoms on his team... He just wants his loot and some down time.

The issue is, 2 sorts of players are expected to play under 1 guideline... This is why ive made several attempts to bring back team queue so the working man can play with like minded players or to introduce PIPS into unranked at a lower gain rate during seasons so we dont effect those who actually care about rank.

In case you didn't know this, but I'm not a dev and I didn't put us in this situation... I was quite happy playing with friends and guildies under team queue format with like minded players but we were pushed out of the way to make room for those who wanted to feel special about being anti social.

I mean... I am with you basically. Pips in unranked, teamQ, soloQ, seperate LBs and titles and all... I don't get why Anet puts so few effort in listening to the various suggestions around. Just like you, that's frustrating a lot of players.

But could you please stop calling soloQers "anti social" and all that? Yes, I am a soloQer, and few of my friends play PVP and even less are really good. And I can actually talk to new, random people I am being teamed with. So please, you complained about that passive-aggressive stuff in your other thread, don't do it yourself now... :anguished:

Haven't played in a few days and starting to wonder if I should uninstall because I don't think I'll ever be able to compete with friends and guildies again.

Play some unranked. Do 5 man teams or what not. In reality ranked and unranked have the same pugs. Horrible.

But there is less obvious cheating and less 4v5 games. It's quite fun. Once you play pvp just to spike others to the floor and not care about the broken reward system. It's amazing fun.

I get my pleasure from seeing the un revivable bodies behind me. Rewards are digital but messing with someone who thinks they can take you 1v1 is just enjoyable.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

Play some unranked. Do 5 man teams or what not. In reality ranked and unranked have the same pugs. Horrible.

But there is less obvious cheating and less 4v5 games. It's quite fun. Once you play pvp just to spike others to the floor and not care about the broken reward system. It's amazing fun.

I get my pleasure from seeing the un revivable bodies behind me. Rewards are digital but messing with someone who thinks they can take you 1v1 is just enjoyable.

Aye after seeing all these "DE OP" threads I decided to make a berserker Rifle/Rifle build and test it out in unranked.. No capping nodes, just killing players...

I went to cap 1 node and got bored so left half way through capping and went back to killing players... I wish we had like a 3v3v3 sort of map, would be awsome to have a mini WvW battle map or something

Archived