[Test] The Scourge Claw

Zietlogik.6208

As much as I love power reaper, I feel having a power build around scourge may be interesting just to freshen up the combat style a little bit.

Taking some aspects from the Well-based quickness build (runes of chronomancer) and incorporating even more AoE with the torch and scourge, it feels fun and fluid, and slightly more survivable than its reaper counterpart.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHfdG2JHNQLNYNNgXvAbvYBXwmyCNhqg+h9xOZhuaBgDAA-jpBHQBB8EAQwDCg2KDgu9HE3RAAAPAAA

For flavor, you can swap Vampiric Presence for Banshee's Wail (esp for WvW, more swiftness and more potential life force gain)

@Lexan.5930 said:i tried power scourge in pvp but found that the burst wasnt enough to take people down. Wells might be a thing though with shroud and them ticking at the same time. might try it out while everything is in flux as it is

Having wells, with locust swarm up (not required though) the sand shade and either using an axe/torch burst or axe/breach (elite) burst, there are so many hits (some of which are substantial damage just by themselves) they can be quite bursty, and since they aren't just singular giant hits, you will strip blind and aegis to the point they don't exist as well, with Sand Swell for a chase or escape, you can pressure someone down very quickly.

It may not be pure burst, but I much prefer the battlefield control, over just spiking a target.

@Lexan.5930 said:i tried power scourge in pvp but found that the burst wasnt enough to take people down. Wells might be a thing though with shroud and them ticking at the same time. might try it out while everything is in flux as it is

Ya, that is a good varient, I am trying it out now as well

Variant 2: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAnfWnk0At0g10Ae9Cs9iFcBjKN0G+CQXtAwBQ/w+YnsA-jJBHQBarMAAeAAB8EAgu9HAA

Archived