Revenant: Shiro Tagachi Dialogue Bugs

Hey there,

I've been playing Revenant since the HoT launch and I was super happy for it to receive the conversations with currently equipped legends. This is something that really gives these legends a lot of character.

You can skip this to the second part if you are not interested in reading legends' attitudes while talking to them.

We can learn that Jalis Ironhammer is ready and happy to once again join the battle. He likes our presence.Kalla Razorclaw has a bit of mixed feelings towards various races which is also cool. Although I dislike the fact that she bullies our salad-guys :cMallyx the Unyielding thrives for taking the control of us,Ventari's surprised to know that he inspired Sylvari and dreams of being able to feel freedom once againGlint's a bit pesimistic (and she doesn't talk much although it's an alite specialization..)

Finally - Shiro Tagachi. There's a big problem about conversation with this legend.

His quote - "What has become of the empire in my absence?"

The answers vary a bit depending on race but they sound like this:

• Cantha expelled all nonhumans and closed its borders long ago. After Orr rose, it was isolated further. (asura)
  • Emperor Usoku expelled all nonhumans and closed Cantha's borders long ago. After Orr rose, it was isolated further. (male human)
  • They say Cantha expelled all nonhumans and closed its borders long ago. I hope to find out one day. (female human—voice only)
  • They say Cantha expelled all nonhumans and closed its borders long ago. After Orr rose, it was isolated further. (otherwise)

BUGS / PROBLEMS (with Shiro dialogue):

Shiro: "What has become of the empire in my absence?"

Charr male: They say Cantha expelled all nonhumans and closed its borders long ago. (no second part) <- it's written in the dialogue window but the character doesn't say it.

Sylvari male: “It most certainly has” <- Why is that there? The chatlog shows that our character said "They say Cantha expelled all nonhumans and closed its borders long ago. After Orr rose, it was isolated further. " ?

This is a bug, please fix it. We waited a very long time for this kind of interaction between our characters and legends. Seems like it is bugged for a bit now.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

2020 and it still wasn't fixed despite the many updates and fixes.YES i resurrect this thread simply because it's an issue that still persists and drives me nuts

Why no resurrect it again after 2 more years without solving it? I made a male Sylvari Rev and all about the combination looked and sounded cool for, until... 

Shiro: "What has become of the empire in my absence?"

Sylvari Male: *laughs* “It most certainly has”

Really, it sounds like my Sylvari is crazy drunk... Like many said before, we know it is a minor bug that doesn't actually affects gameplay, but what is the problem with fixing one line of dialogue? I wouldn't mind it at all but that Shiro guy likes talking, you know?

Edited by Yggdrasill.7018