Returning player looking for Mirage WvW info and builds

Thaeldrim.2745

Hi, so the title says it, picked up the game back in 2012 and played for a year or two before becoming heavily burnt out, came back for HoT for a while before leaving again, but PoF has me interested in some of the new sub-classes. I used to run a Condi fear necro in base game, cant remember the gear but I think there was some dire in there, then on my second time back I ran a trailblazer reaper. But I want to mix it up this time and try out mirage.

My bread and butter has always been WvW, it's why I fell in love with this game and I'm wondering if I could somehow fit in some of my old playstyle from my necro into it, heavy condition dps while being hard to whittle down, almost bunker but not quite. I love roaming but also stick to the zerg every now and then, solo/small scale havoc has always been my dream though.

As I stated earlier I want to mix things up this time, so any builds would be welcome, I've always been greatly skeptical of Meta-battle and I'm not too sure what's going on with my old guild so I thought I'd ask here.-edit 1. formatting issues and non-realization of the preview button

Just stick trailblazer on it. Its not that hard to figure out the traits. You'll probably kill anything without condi cleanse but you'll find diminishing returns against havoc sized groups or larger because they will often run sustain or power dps builds that can kill you much, much faster than you can dump condis on them. The thing with the necro is that it's so effective because of a gazillion cover condis, whereas the mesmer has a more limited amount.

Condimirage is really fun. I stick with Viper but thats a glassy alternative with hybrid damage.Just be ready to not be able to deal any significant AoE damage.

However i strongly recommend you to pick reflect bubble if you stick to WvW zergs.

Tried out to run with ONLY reflects from bubble and focus offhand (with trait that makes your curtain reflect shots), a friend of mine uses some weird damage calculator and said i dealt 88k dmg total for the duration of the fight.

Thats quite ALOT of damage with only 2 available reflects, and damn the numbers.The fight was during a contest in SM on eternal battleground so it was during optimal conditions though.

But still... numbers were flying EVERYwere with a few well placed reflects. Mui fun.

Archived