Current best 1v1 profession to contest (hold..) nodes?

TorQ.7041

Probably Boonbeast, constant Protection (and a lot of other boons - even all of them with plasma), a cascade of debilitating conditions (weakness, chill, slow, cripple, poison) and solid constant damage with axe and pet. Weaver is a very good holder aswell but lacks the pressure to actually flip a cap. Standard Spellbreaker is still decent aswell, albeit weaker than before due to the RR nerf. Combat FB with Axe and Radiance is solid for the job aswell, but overall probably less tanky than Boonbeast. I'd say boonbeast is overall the best 1v1er by now. Spellbreaker is still slightly better for kiting outnumbered, but it can't facetank in 1v1 as hard. Holo still a good 1v1er aswell, but not very tanky and reliant on stealth and Eli S when playing the new meta build, which isn't great for holding nodes. Chaos Staff mirage is somewhat tanky aswell, but with it's mobility and pressure on the Axe/Torch set its strength lies elsewhere.

@Zawn.9647 said:

@Zawn.9647 said:weaver just keeps dodgind and healing - never dies

I don't bother to fight, when facing another Weaver. Just defending if node is ours, or keeping it neutral.

i mean its just boring... id rather leave and let the weaver have the node :P

Yeah i get that feeling, i do that sometimes too if rest of the team is in difficulty defending mid for instance. I'd Rather avoid a full wipe than lose my Time with a Weaver.

Archived