Progress blocking bug: The Sacrifice

Shoitaan.7405

A friend and I faced this problem yesterday. We tried 5 times with the same results. The final time we were careful enough to walk up the stairs and not use the springer/raptor except to cross the 2 gaps leading up to the fight prior to Balthazar but still bugged out.

What we did was find a new map instance after that and try again. We had success with our first game, so I conclude that only some servers have this problem, others don't.

Just happened to me and my girlfriend. Blocked from progressing. Please get a fix in asap, I don't want to work around this, I just want to keep playing as intended and not have to justify to my GF why she should keep hanging on for this buggy ride of a story. Server: Yaks Bend.

• 7 months later...

I haven't had any of those issues, but every time I do the instance, everything goes smoothly right up until the after the cutscene after Balthazar's "Kill Move", when your supposed to talk to Rytlock either before or after the other two. Every time, I talk to him, he talks about possibly meeting Balthazar when he went to the Mists to get his sword, and then the whole thing effectively crashes.

• 1 month later...

@"Goldthunder.1264" said:I haven't had any of those issues, but every time I do the instance, everything goes smoothly right up until the after the cutscene after Balthazar's "Kill Move", when your supposed to talk to Rytlock either before or after the other two. Every time, I talk to him, he talks about possibly meeting Balthazar when he went to the Mists to get his sword, and then the whole thing effectively crashes.

I have the same problem i don't know what to do :/

• 4 months later...

@"Doghouse.1562" said:There's another problem going on here (that may or may not be what other people experience).

Don't use your Springer to reach the plateau. If you do, there's a very good chance that Balthazar will simply ignore you - there's a green star over his head, and you're supposed to "confront" him - but nothing happens. The problem is that there's clearly some sort of trigger location on or near the steps leading up onto the plateau, that the code needs you to pass through, to progress the story. In the end I had to go down the steps and then back up - at which point, things moved on. But I was within an inch of quitting and restarting when I realised what might be happening.

And then, yes, I had a very tempting "Retry from Checkpoint" message sitting on the screen for ages. If I hadn't seen tethyr's warning post (above) I would have clicked. Instead, I waited, and Kas ran over and revived me.

This.

Yes i'm late to the party, but if anyone finds this thread after having this issue.... go up the stairs, DO NOT use bugs to hop up to get to Balth. There's a trigger spot just up the stairs and onto the flat as you're walking towards him.

Archived