[Suggestions] Punishment Boons Converted into Conditions

DreamyLove.8947

does anet can give us base effect of this on the pve?

i mean

when we use Punishmentwe will get base "Boons Converted in to Conditions" effect even if target has no boon

then if he has boon willl beccomeBoons Converted in to Conditions (free) + Boons Converted in to Conditions (has boon)

if not Punishment is realy bad dmg at pvecos pve always no boon............

@nekretaal.6485 said:I agree. "Boon Corruption" shouldn't be considered a thing.

It should be considered two things: removing boons and adding conditions. If the links and preconditions are removed, then the skills are easier to balance.

i disagree necro has a theme of reversing tides and punishing players. If you avoid stacking boons while fighting a necro that necro becomes weaker because it has nothing to feed on. The counter play against necros is unique to the class. Playing vs a necro is always challenging because i have to starve them i cant give them anything that generates life force and i cant give them too many boons to corrupt. But they also have very long CD on their key skills which makes it easy to survive their onslaught because they are an attrition fighter not a burst fighter.

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

@nekretaal.6485 said:I agree. "Boon Corruption" shouldn't be considered a thing.

It should be considered two things: removing boons and adding conditions. If the links and preconditions are removed, then the skills are easier to balance.

i disagree necro has a theme of reversing tides and punishing players. If you avoid stacking boons while fighting a necro that necro becomes weaker because it has nothing to feed on. The counter play against necros is unique to the class. Playing vs a necro is always challenging because i have to starve them i cant give them anything that generates life force and i cant give them too many boons to corrupt. But they also have very long CD on their key skills which makes it easy to survive their onslaught because they are an attrition fighter not a burst fighter.

That's PVP though, and it has separate balance. It can perfectly function in 2 different ways in 2 different modes.

There are actual a lot of boons in pve: the new map enemies both apply tons of conditions and have a lot of boons, many fractal enemies have boons in addition to the actual affix in fractals that causes enemies to gain boons when you hit them. I realize that most raid bosses, do not have boons, but we have other good skills to use for raid anyways (blood is power and epidemic for add fights), so it would be hard to slot a lot of punishments.

Jsyk, serpent siphon currently has comparable dps to cpc, but doesn't apply self weakness and doesn't require the target(s) to stand still to be effective.Scourge elite does less damage than plaguelands, but is far more front loaded with a shorter cooldown. So in pulls where you'll be killing things very quickly, or the boss will not stand still for longer than [witheld until my math is completed] seconds ghastly breach will be much better.Punishments are usually good. In cases where corruptions are better, I've found that with the exception of the elite they are only slightly better. They would likely be overtaken if the target had boons to corrupt.

In otherwords, it's additional options or a sidegrade for condition builds.... With the exception of traited BiP and plaguelands. I don't think anything can ever compare to that.

*Scourge elite is not worth ever using over plaugelands. The damage from PL is immense and I severely underestimated it. A single pulse of PL outdamages a single pulse of GB. Even with lots of boons to corrupt, scourge elite is hilariously out damaged in fights that take longer than 5 seconds, and the final pulse alone deals far more damage than the entirety of ghastly breach.

@Rangerdeity.5847 said:

I see where you're coming from but I think it's badly designed in it's current state.

In PvE it's bad because mobs don't really use boons to any serious effect and many classes passively strip boons anyways(like mesmer sword auto attack) in a group environment essentially having your own team denying you DPS.

In PvP it's bad because most classes have traits, often that they can't really avoid, that passively stack boons. They can't just turn these off at a whim they need to completely respec and basically make a choice to be useless against everyone else just to have a minor advantage against a scourge. Take something like a d/p dd build which is fairly meta pick... it literally gains a boon every time it dodges.

Being able to removing boons is good having a significant portion of your damage rely on that is not.

@Murdock.6547 said:*Scourge elite is not worth ever using over plaugelands. The damage from PL is immense and I severely underestimated it. A single pulse of PL outdamages a single pulse of GB. Even with lots of boons to corrupt, scourge elite is hilariously out damaged in fights that take longer than 5 seconds, and the final pulse alone deals far more damage than the entirety of ghastly breach.

Well thats nice in PVE but in PVP and WvW not a single person is going to stick around for that final tick of Plauge Lands

Archived