NA links are totally unbalanced.

SnowPumpkin.1809

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:Overflow is the only real way to balance the game 24/7 and have a steady group of people on every realm. Servers and alliances just won't cut it. Not many other options.

But isn't that what EotM is?

no1 plays eotm cause the map is bad and no pips(it's died since pips use to be popping). if they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw for 1 week you'd be surprised of the results and positive feedback but i doubt it ever happens since wvw has 1 poor dev doing everything.

If they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw ever I would stop playing immediately. I'd rather queue than wind up in a different instance than my server mates. eotm2 definitely would not work in any way good to solve the current problems.

So you'd rather wvw be dead and unbalanced? Fantastic.

There is no balance in eotm. It's not true wvw and doesn't reflect what the whole rvr is all about. Yes, I would stop playing if they turned wvw into megaservers.

where all players have guys 24/7 isn't balance? there's a reason PVE went mega servers cause there would be too many dead zones just like there is in wvw. Server system is bad and it's been bad for years. Only time it worked was when the game had a mega population but once that dies down it doesn't work anymore.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:Overflow is the only real way to balance the game 24/7 and have a steady group of people on every realm. Servers and alliances just won't cut it. Not many other options.

But isn't that what EotM is?

no1 plays eotm cause the map is bad and no pips(it's died since pips use to be popping). if they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw for 1 week you'd be surprised of the results and positive feedback but i doubt it ever happens since wvw has 1 poor dev doing everything.

If they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw ever I would stop playing immediately. I'd rather queue than wind up in a different instance than my server mates. eotm2 definitely would not work in any way good to solve the current problems.

So you'd rather wvw be dead and unbalanced? Fantastic.

There is no balance in eotm. It's not true wvw and doesn't reflect what the whole rvr is all about. Yes, I would stop playing if they turned wvw into megaservers.

where all players have guys 24/7 isn't balance? there's a reason PVE went mega servers cause there would be too many dead zones just like there is in wvw. Server system is bad and it's been bad for years. Only time it worked was when the game had a mega population but once that dies down it doesn't work anymore.

You are a server leader according to your tag. Yes the server system hasn't worked too well due in large part to the players themselves. The Alliance system that may be coming will hopefully be a much better system but time will tell on that one. But making simple three sets of blobs running in different instances because there's way too many people for one instance is simply EOTM. It's NOT WvW. For all it's bad stuff WvW is still way better than EOTM ever was.

If there's that many people that want to run as megaservers then the thing to do would be to rally ANet to create a separate pip system for EOTM and give its own rewards etc.

Nobody that I know personally in this game would be happy about having to bounce around instances like EOTM trying to find their friends to run with.

RvR or not, population balancing solutions need to be implemented, because there are none.

Doesn't matter if one plays for PPT only or fights, or both; it's not fun when one side can't fight back.

EoTM has nothing that could help, but sPvP has: allow to switch teams temporarily and offer extra rewards for doing so. Also give far better bonuses for the weaker team, while making it harder for the winning side.

An example, where the devs of another upcoming game, came up with ideas on how to solve a similar problem:"there was some balancing to be done in terms of scoring, as the initial campaigns had a bit of a problem with early leads turning into runaway victories"..."the devs reveal the solution they’ve devised for this tricky issue: While a faction controls a fort or outpost, it will accumulate a pool of bonus points that will be immediately awarded to the faction that manages to capture it. As a result of this new mechanic, the devs say, “there will be targets of varying importance over the course of a campaign, adding to the excitement as players vie to capture and maintain control of key areas.”https://massivelyop.com/2019/01/10/crowfall-details-upcoming-changes-to-campaign-scoring-in-latest-qa-video/

WvW needs many similar solutions, because "karma training" empty maps and running over smaller numbers are extremely boring gameplay.

Maybe the team are working on the alliance system first, but balancing should be at least next, if can't be sooner.

Archived