New map without mid fight - tackle balancing issues with improved map

The map should be designed in such a way that there should not be a definable mid node

Three nodes spread across the map and players should have random spawn points say 10 spawn points and players can randomly spawn on any spawn point after they're dead

This way, we can avoid mid team wiped and snowballing... And ppl would really have map awareness and rotate properly based on team members position on minimap

Battle will be fluid and engaging I think

Another idea:Map should have 6 nodes but only 3 can be captured and a map timer that can swap places of the captured nodes(capped nodes won't be decapped while swapping position) will keep the players on the move and discourage bunkers coz he can't fight on an already captured node and can't stay in one node till the end of match...

These kinda changes could make ppl worry less about class balancing and more about improving their play skills, awareness, engaging and dynamic reaction

Map mobility should be carefully planned so as to not let thieves have an enormous advantage over others... Many obstacles like gates that can be activated to hinder thieves and Mesmer movement distance... Like if a gate is closed, it must be manually opened and it should be a 5 sec cast time while opening the gate or you have to go around it and that consumes a lot of travel distance

@Yannir.4132 said:A. These would not be Conquest maps.B. Ranked = Conquest. Ergo, these wouldn't be ranked maps.C. Why though? Seems like a lot of work for something that not too many people really want.

Why can't these be conquest maps? Doesn't seem like lot of work... Or I might be wrong... Just a suggestion on forums... No need to outright deny it... Ppl got used to capturing nodes the only thing that differs here is that they are scattered randomly3 nodes... But players are scattered so no dumping of all necro aoe on the same node and guard/scrap sitting on the node and yelling fight on points(on points I'd die to mirage condi, necro aoe, warrior spin to win and lot of stuff that just get dumped and repeated when every match starts over and over again)

And anet releases new beta maps might as well try this one too ... Just wishful thinking

And ppl are interested to play djinn Dominion ... At least 3 guys choose that map Everytime it comes up... The two things they hate is that the map seems to affect their frame rates and both spawn points are near and often lead to snowballing... So to avoid snowballing, scatter spawn points... Spawn points can be anything similar to hunger games entry glass capsules cylindrical thingy players can't be damaged unless they open the capsule to exit them and it can't be entered or closed manually

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to trying out new things. Just curbing your expectations.Conquest as a game mode is pretty much defined by having 3 capture points. Having a 4th temporary one in Capricorn/Dominion is already pushing the line.I wouldn't mind more variety when playing Unranked but the first step would be to add in the maps/modes we're currently missing and let people decide which ones they want to play. The UI already allows this, it's just a question of tweaking it.

Archived