Question About Condi Sigils

Keep in mind that this can be influenced by other aspects of your build as well as game mode.

In my experience in wvw, sigils that boost your condi damage output in the short term, creating a condi burst effect, can be more valuable that duration sigils. On the other hand against some instanced bosses you will see a significant dps over time boost from duration.

@Ashen.2907 said:Keep in mind that this can be influenced by other aspects of your build as well as game mode.

In my experience in wvw, sigils that boost your condi damage output in the short term, creating a condi burst effect, can be more valuable that duration sigils. On the other hand against some instanced bosses you will see a significant dps over time boost from duration.

Pffft, forgot to specify that I only play pve. Still not sure if I should go for bursting + malice or something else...

Malice is a waste in open world PvE, but not a bad option in instanced PvE.

The reason so much of this is dependent on your build is that if your build is applying many different conditions then Malice's +10% duration is a great option. but if you are primarily using bleed, for example, then Agony's +20% bleed is the better option. Personally I am currently using Bursting and Earth.

@Ashen.2907 said:Malice is a waste in open world PvE, but not a bad option in instanced PvE.

The reason so much of this is dependent on your build is that if your build is applying many different conditions then Malice's +10% duration is a great option. but if you are primarily using bleed, for example, then Agony's +20% bleed is the better option. Personally I am currently using Bursting and Earth.

Currently, my condi renegade is using torment runes and agony + smoldering sigils. Think I should stick with those or switch to bursting and what other one?

Archived