PoF Theorycraft - Post your soulbeast build

NemesiS.6749

@Skuzz.6580 said:

@extremexhero.9178 said:

@Skuzz.6580 said:

@FearlessWarrior.7841 said:Balanced build for open world content and wvw with lots of boons and dmg mitigation, good dmg and good defense:

Just a small note on this build, Moa Stance's Boon duration increase won't put boon duration over 100%. Because of this, there is no reason for going with anything over 34% condi duration on your gear.

There are caps on condition and boon duration?

There are indeed, both cap @ 100%

Except if the durations come from traits, inconveniently, we have no traits that increase condi duration.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WvW:

My current plan is to try this for my next solo build this up coming weekend:gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBMPdG2JlKQHvYDvgDLAXLYZSwaCANgJgTkrCk5yzt/2kbJvZO-jFTGQBGRZw40/MQlQASdkBcCEkiSQFpiAAeSBQRpT0OoAHSliWs/QAAEgb2mtZb2m38m38RP6RP6RPaf3m38m38m38m38m3sUAMpSD-w

Condi is going to be even crazier in Pof so this build has condi defense a top priority : -45% Condi Duration and Second Skin for an additional -33% Condition Damage. Of course, there are multiple layers of protection application along with synergy from rugged growth (part of our sustain source).

Build will have 2 condi clear from dodges and 2 from heal usage along with 2 from Jacaranda.

Additional heals supplied by moa and the large one from Jacaranda spiritual reprieve which also grants us a nice dose of resistance which can be used if we get mega condi bombed.

Speaking of boons, we know boon hate is going to be real with Pof. Just look at the spellbreaker and scourge. One way to combat against the constant stripping and corrupting of boons is to reapply your most important boons as much and as quickly as possible. Nature magic is a perfect trait line for this, especially with the synergy while in beast mode not to mention WHaO. Fresh reinforcement only increases our boon generation machine while moa stance and 33% boon duration allow us to strategically maximize our most important boons at important times.

Dolyak Stance gives us a much needed second source of stability along with immunity to movement impairing conditions to either help us get away or help stay on a target with our sword. The retaliation is going to fun to play with along with multiple invulns.

Might stacking will be possible with sword and axe (with sigils) allowing us to self stack in beastmode quickly. Might stacking is even easier with strength of the pack while in beastmode.

Weapon choices are not limited to sword or axe. You can easily go LB/GS since you are not relying on honed axes from BM. You won't stack as much might as fast but you can still stack.

If spike damage is still a concern like from deadeyes or holosmith's you can swap out moa for black bear giving you an additional invlun.

If in a pickup group grab Allies Aid instead of Bountiful Hunter and you can even switch out oppressive superiority for leader of the pack but with a damage loss.Grab Unstoppable Union for more stun break or offensive power against guardians or others classes with shields/blocks.

I am going to start with this and make adjustments once I see more clearly the direction balance is leaning towards.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Except if the durations come from traits, inconveniently, we have no traits that increase condi duration.

Its not if they come from traits. There's a separate kind of interaction that can increase the base condition duration rather than the normal condition duration. Trapper's Expertise increases the base duration of conditions from Ranger Traps, so your Spike Trap is doing 10s bleeds instead of the normal 6.25. With +100% duration you can get 20s bleeds instead of the normal 12.5s without the trait. By comparison, the Guardian's trait Radiant Fire adds 20% condition duration for burning, which means it adds towards the 100% cap.

A good rule of thumb right now is if something increases the durations from a weapon or a skill type, it most likely increases the base duration. If it increases a single condition's duration or doesn't specify, it most likely increases the modified duration.

Hi everyone,

Here is my theorycraft about the new ranger spec. I wanted a solid build with still some damages for WvW frontline. I'm not sure about the first main hand weapon as I read here that dagger sucks... Also about the gear I'm convinced it can be optimized.

fr.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBIhF6kgXohXsfFwhFgrFsgJYOJuGXNL/1Wb7tNLrBQA4ETa9VA-jFSBQBa4EAgP9BfS9HDu/QZU+thDBQjUCCgnAQAgDghLchHOwwDP8wDPcJcCX4hLcpA0TmF-w

Feedbacks are welcome !

@Darrio.6098 said:Having fun with calculator too, share some thoughts on openworld PvE funbuilds and stat combinations:

• My phylosophy for openworld Ranger build is have minimum 2k power, 25-33% base Critchance ~190-200% Crit. Damage for Power Build and 1k+ Condition damage and 33%+ condition duration for Condition Damage build.
  • Rest stats distribute between healing power/toughness/vitality/boon duration to see something fun.
  • Variant of obvious Full Grieving setup with Rune of Thorns:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAoYVnMqAd8idrAm8Cs8iFHBrpBErKa5F3m70lJAstqcnIOLfC-jBSFQBA4MA8T9BTV5nvOEA4b/BsqEMpq/otHAQAgDg7bf7vPw93f/93fftP7z+7vPpAwUvF-eSurprisingly Rune of Thorns (+45% Poison Duration) with food (+15% Poison Duration from Fancy Truffle Burger and +3.6% from Furious Tuning Crystal), three traits (Light on your Feet 10% + Oppresive Superocity 10%, Taste for Danger +6%) and Sigil of Malice +10% - caps almost perfect 100% poison uptime, and 30% on other condi durations, which is really enough for openworld.Some traits can be swapped for personal taste, like Spotter and Hidden Barbs, Refined Toxin and Ambidextiry, even mainhand and offhand weapon compinations - for Torch or Axe or Warhorn. For openworld it have good crit. damage, crit chance and Power stat and across that can build up to 2800+ condition damage with 25 stacks of Might and 25 stacks of Sigil of Corruption with full procs from Rune of Thorns, on regular state having 2k condition damage.Can be very fun poison build for openworld, our surviability supported by our Utilityes (I take Moa stance),or traits (Predator's Cunning heal us like mad) or take some good Soulbeast pet (Jacaranda have incredible heals and condition cleance), or our Moa Stance + Trapper Expertise combo for 100% boon duration Healing Spring.Can add more Burning with Torch or Flame Trap, can add more Axe mainhand action. Grieving stat looks very fun on ranger.

This is almost exactly the build I was looking at for PvE. It looks very interesting with the grieving setup, is that a set coming with PoF?

Here's my pure PvE brawler build, I focus on survivability and speed.Brawler

Will most likely swap out the sword/dagger for greatsword but its slow.Thinking about swapping runes for scholar or strength. Weapons can probably be swapped for berserker or something else. I chose Assassins for extra crit. Stance can be freely swapped for whatever situation.

I'm not the best at the game so I've been dying a lot with a full rampager set. thinking a good amount of vit and defensive stuff like dolyak stance might help.

Pretty new to theorycrafting so would love some feedback :)

In light of the Soulbeast changes, I'll be using gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAtsglsA2CCctghJhyn8ZNz/g4C+4OAe8JoknlG-jVCFAB6r+DCHBA23fQ9HAwVKBRSZGAXCg00F4kSj1BHAjNWiNWg5mbu5mbuGQu5mbu5mbu5mbuSBo6YA-w in WvW, maybe swap out WHaO for TU.

@BlunterMonk.2089 said:Here's my pure PvE brawler build, I focus on survivability and speed.Brawler

Will most likely swap out the sword/dagger for greatsword but its slow.Thinking about swapping runes for scholar or strength. Weapons can probably be swapped for berserker or something else. I chose Assassins for extra crit. Stance can be freely swapped for whatever situation.

I'm not the best at the game so I've been dying a lot with a full rampager set. thinking a good amount of vit and defensive stuff like dolyak stance might help.

Pretty new to theorycrafting so would love some feedback :)

Defensive gear wont make you a better player, practice your dodging, strategy and tactics more. You can play zerker stats through all content in the game. Try something more like http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsXTnUqAtCilsAWsActgl8Aj5gVwCeLBgCQDI/9Wf7vnMs5JB-jxRBABA8EAIa/BKV/5hTBAe6DuS5nZKBJEggxA-e and improve your gameplay rather than rely on a crutch like defensive gear alone. You will enjoy playing a lot more.

This build is just for soloing around, exploring the world and fluff in full viper's.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAof3YjEqQ3KWzCurAVLWYEMmCwlLA0EBqVhg8kb0d6myHsIeTA-jBSFQBjUJIAeCAKZ5hGq87a7A0P1fSwJBod6f6GMAMECBYEREhfERERERIEwi5A-e

Pretty standard condibuild using SoulBeast over nerfbatted Beastmastery and due to MH-Dagger was buffed quite a bit I try using Dagger/Torch(+300 Condidamage via Ambidexterity) and Axe/Dagger. Goodbye Shortbow.

I've swapped Oppressive superiority out since I heard the health value is calculated in absolute rather than percentual values, making this trait garbage in PvE, as long as I am not misinformed.

Archived