Whats preventing you from coming back to play Guild Wars 2 ?

I havent really engaged the game in a while now. each new story patch I play for 10-15 hours a day for about three days. then its back to (log-on) > (Do miserable WvW dailies that I hate because the reward tracks have items basically required for some content if i ever feel motivated to try it) > (Farm guild nodes) > (Farm home nodes) > (Close game and play something I enjoy)

Ascended cooking really brought home for me that im never going to get anything enjoyable until the next story arc though. And, representation aside, there isnt anything in this game story i dont get better elsewhere lately.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't been here in a while. Dropped by simply because I have a suspicion that the game is dying.

I left just at the cusp of HoT, because I believe that everything that I wanted out of GW2 stopped at the cusp of the first expansion. I enjoyed

• having a casual game where I don't have to worry about gear. I feel like while fractals did the ascended stuff, you didn't need ascendeds outside of fractals. Then the raids dropped and I felt pressured to go for ascendeds/ legendaries if I wanted to do expansion content. It no longer felt like what I played Guild Wars 2 for.
  • I despise map grinding. Vanilla maps had hearts that you did once. Later on you did big dynamic events for money when you felt like it. HoT made you raise your reputation by circling the same map over and over and over before continuing the story. I hated that.
  • I loved dungeons. HoT and PoF did not introduce new dungeons with new exotic gear sets that I could get for looking pretty. Outside of TA redone path we have gotten 0 new dungeons since release. Fractals don't feel the same, because it's like... Mini dungeons in a random order.

None of my grievances with HoT were addressed with PoF to a point where I feel like I would have a nice vanilla experience again, so I just shifted my casual MMO to ESO that heavily focuses on story content. Now with the next Living Story announced and the studio saying that they no longer have the cash to make a new expansion, I have a feeling that the end is near. I would come back just to catalogue the whole of the story, like I did with Wildstar, but Living Story Season 1 was lost forever and I don't want to play HoT, which would make a very non linear catalogue, essentially making it pointless.

To anyone that loves GW2, please record the full story of the game and upload it online for safe keeping after the game's no longer with us.

The blatant misinformation about updating WvW. We've heard nothing about it except "big changes!" like 2 years ago & the game mode has barely changed since day 1. (I cant call it a lie bc that expresses negativity & gets flagged)The only focus for GW2 is how to get you guys to spend 100+ dollars on a new chair/ mount or logging skin.No in depth character/ item progressionNo new dungeons outside of fractalsNo HousingNo rich lore like Gw1 - the lore in GW2 seems scattered or like it's meant to be forgotten. Just look at Norn.No in depth character customization. No new hairs. No in depth face sliders or anything new to even mention.No good loot - it's always some lvl 20 masterwork trash or random claws.Lackluster PvP/ WvW balancingProfessions/ Crafting & Farming doesn not feel rewarding or impactfulOnly caters to 1 select playerbase. Can I say Casuals?

My interest is fading. LS 4 marked the end of a journey and fictional stories no longer interest me, LS5 does little to entice me thus far. Now I am only concerned about gameplay hooks and gw2 is failing in that regards; Loot is unrewarding, professions have grown stale with no news of new elite specs, game balance proceeds at a glacial pace, there's no major game changing features for the foreseeable future/ no feature to look forward to. In short, the game is stagnating....

Archived