Is There New Grove NPC Dialog?

Musaroxy.2874

Hanging out in the Grove today, I've got the dialog engrained into my memory quite well since it's my favorite city. However I've found myself surprised at hearing quite a fair share of new little snippets. Examples include "Plum wonderful!" "Oh my goodness, poor little petals!" "Smell that? There's a hint of mint in the air." and "Ah thorns! I forgot to sharpen my blade!" Is anyone else catching all these new dialog bits? Is anyone hearing new dialog in the other cities as well? I haven't heard any of these repeat yet and it's making me feel like I imagined them.Edit:More that I've come across as best as I could catch them."Bop-bop-a-dee-bop-bop-a-doo""I'm going to sleep well tonight.""Never underestimate wisdom(?) in the face of overwhelming odds."

There have been a number of dialog changes over the years in the cities. Sometimes it coincides with expansions or events; for example, there's NPCs in Lion's Arch that talk about Balthazar's return. Other dialog is driven by your particular character and what your character has completed in the story.

But really, it may just be that there's so much dialog in this game that it's impossible to hear and remember every bit. I've been playing seven years and every time I do map completion with a new toon, I still find events, out of the way places, bits of dialog, bits of lore that I've never seen before. It's a good testament for just how huge this game is, really.

It's certainly not the first time, however what caught me by surprise is that every single one of these is voiced dialog. It sounds like it's mainly the VA's for Caithe and the Female Sylvari PC. I can't identify the voice of the male Sylvari with new lines off the top of my head though.There was a similar instance of new voiced dialog some years back too, but all that dialog seemed to stop happening not long after.

@"Musaroxy.2874" said:Hanging out in the Grove today, I've got the dialog engrained into my memory quite well since it's my favorite city. However I've found myself surprised at hearing quite a fair share of new little snippets. Examples include "Plum wonderful!" "Oh my goodness, poor little petals!" "Smell that? There's a hint of mint in the air." and "Ah thorns! I forgot to sharpen my blade!" Is anyone else catching all these new dialog bits? Is anyone hearing new dialog in the other cities as well? I haven't heard any of these repeat yet and it's making me feel like I imagined them.Edit:More that I've come across as best as I could catch them."Bop-bop-a-dee-bop-bop-a-doo""I'm going to sleep well tonight.""Never underestimate wisdom(?) in the face of overwhelming odds."

You can find some (all?) of the dialogue you mentioned in the Wiki; for instance: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upper_Commons#Ambient_dialogue