No Capture-Point progress while Evading

Ovark.2514

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:Is the PW build making people that mad? ?

For me the problem isn't isolated to thief. It also includes mesmer, rev, and ele builds that are particularly heavy on evades and can stall captures for very long times with specific skills.

Part of the problem is that, unlike blocks, there's not much you can do while an enemy is evading. There are a few, very select skills (primarily AoE CCs) that can effect evades, but they're rare and usually on long cooldowns. Evade is effectively an invuln in most cases, so why not treat it like an invuln? :smile:

lol bunch of bunker standing on the node and facetanking damage, if you DARE to dodge anything you lose the node.

The two dodges everyone gets aren't the problem. The problem is offensive skills with evade frames in them (IE pistol whip, blurred frenzy, surge of the mists). It's having your cake and eating it too. You can stall a point with offensive equipment even if you aren't a bunker.

Better skills that make more sense include withdraw, riposting shadows, illusionary riposte. These skills are intended as defenses or counters.

Good? having people able to contesnt nodes is good.What the hell do you want to happen, have 3 weaver on each team just afking on a node or what ?

Hardly. Skills should be dangerous. Pistol whip should hurt.

But with reward, should come risk. :smile: Hence, if you miss, you shouldn't get evade frames (or you shouldn't contest the node). Corona burst has to land to get the benefits, why not do the same with other skills?

As it stands, the pistol whip spam thief can fumble as much as they like with relative impunity (Same goes for heralds, some mesmer builds, some ele builds btw, I don't think the problem is just thief). The window to hit them is tiny.

personally I dont get whyFull counterScepter blocksword blockall 3 last long, They should be reactive block, make it last 0,75s. you see hit coming you block, not run around in immunity mode for 2s daring anyone to hit you

I don't disagree with this. This irks me too.