Leveling Up Noisy/Visual

LadyHawk.5319

Leveling up and items that grant levels and experience now display a less noisy visual effect to other players.

While I appreciate the attn to this issue, the difference is barely noticeable. My question is why, for the love of the six, do these sights and sounds have to exist at all? I honestly do not care if someone is spamming tomes. Really. I don't need to know if someone consumed a recipe. It has no effect on my game play. For me and others, these sounds and sights cause real life pain. With the ability to mute nearly all sounds in the game, why can we not mute these sounds? I still have to move away from the banking I am doing whenever someone has to spam 80 tomes right next to me. Please give us the option to mute this sound and sight entirely. It serves no purpose. Absolutely none other than to the player themselves to notify them of the action.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Just tag anyone that uses more than two tomes within 10s as a hostile mob for 10 minutes.

Problem solved.

@Dwadler ... I always enjoy your replies! ;)

There are so many sounds we can mute now. I no longer have to hear my human female guardian hysterically scream "Retreeeeeeeat" And I thank you, Anet, for that. Some players in other posts have 'suggested' that we turn down our volume. That is rather, um, unnecessarily inconvenient (redundant? lol) Additionally, volume is only half of the issue. While the blasts of light is somewhat dimmed now, it is still visual and leads us back to the original question: Why? What purpose does it serve? Why do I need to watch a player go from their bank at Rata Sum, walk to the center area in the banking area and spam tomes, all the while raising their fists in the air thinking "I'm a star! I'm a star! I'm a star!" 10 or 50 or 80 times? One would think that this audio and visual effect would fall under "Mute Player Alerts" but, alas, it does not.