The New Glacial Harvesting Tool is Broken

Eddy.7051

The glacial harvesting gathering tool only gathers one plant at a time per node, rather than gathering all plants within a single node simultaneously. Other newer tools, like the unlimited magic harvesting tool, can gather all plants within a single node simultaneously. Please make all gathering tools (with particular focus on sickles and picks) equally efficient without the effects of glyphs.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Broke would be it didn't give you karma. Does it give you karma? What you want is a combination of glyphs which if you put that glyph on the unlimited magic tool then maybe you get both. My tools all only gather 1 plant at a time except the one I got bounty on since they changed it this patch. Perhaps I misunderstood what you mean idk

Unbound Gathering Tool will gather all plants from a single note at one time without any glyphs. You've just been using worse unlimited tools this whole time. It's not your fault, though. Anet shouldn't sell all unlimited tools for 1k and then make some inherently better thann others.

Sickles only gather 1 strike at a time, plant nodes only have 1 strike per node unless you get lucky and the rare extra strike occurs which is not likely. The new glacial harvesting tool works 100% fine, the glyph included awards karma per strike which is random within a small field.

The only frequent time plant nodes have above 1 strike's worth is if you have the bounty glyph socket-ed int he tool and it's effect procs.

Please do not submit false bug topics without first understanding how the related subjects work.

Glacial harvesting tool/ sickle type: Works as intended, acquires the plant node upon animation completion as other tools do.Virtue glyph: The glyph included in the above tool works 100% of the time, awarding karma per strike on any node, plants only award karma once compared to ore and trees due to them only inherently being 1 hit per while the formers are 3 strikes per.

Glyphs: Glyphs can be socket-ed into any tool or removed from any tool thus no tool's graphical animation will dictate what the glyph does. As such any tool can gather from a node multiple times if using bounty or harvest faster using industry etc and so on.

@Josiah.2967 said:I would add a PSA warning people on the general forum. I am use to my volatile, unbound, and skyscale gathering it all. I am lucky to see this before I bought it and regretted.

I would never use the skin because of the issue.

Many tools of the later generation aren't often purchased exclusively for their animations anymore but rather the glyphs which afford a new mod for harvesting. Thanks to the wardrobe system any tool can be reskinned which changes it's animations to match so you are getting exactly what you payed for. A glyph that can be used on any tool for a specific effect and a tool that never breaks.

@Galeskyring.9617 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:I would add a PSA warning people on the general forum. I am use to my volatile, unbound, and skyscale gathering it all. I am lucky to see this before I bought it and regretted.

I would never use the skin because of the issue.

Many tools of the later generation aren't often purchased exclusively for their animations anymore but rather the glyphs which afford a new mod for harvesting. Thanks to the wardrobe system any tool can be reskinned which changes it's animations to match so you are getting exactly what you payed for. A glyph that can be used on any tool for a specific effect and a tool that never breaks.

This is false. All the newer tools only require one click at the guild hall. This goes backwards without warning people. People but tools more for the looks and convenience than the glyph. Especially one that provides 3 karma.

@Josiah.2967 said:This is false. All the newer tools only require one click at the guild hall. This goes backwards without warning people. People but tools more for the looks and convenience than the glyph. Especially one that provides 3 karma.

Guild hall nodes are not the same as nodes throughout roughly 98% of the game, please do not try using a niche node type as the common denominator for all. Complaining of how the animation works is quite honestly literally pointless given the molten and consortium sickles are literally the fastest sickles in the game but that is due to a short animation this doesn't mean all sickles should farm at the same rate.

@Galeskyring.9617 said:

@Josiah.2967 said:This is false. All the newer tools only require one click at the guild hall. This goes backwards without warning people. People but tools more for the looks and convenience than the glyph. Especially one that provides 3 karma.

Guild hall nodes are not the same as nodes throughout roughly 98% of the game, please do not try using a niche node type as the common denominator for all. Complaining of how the animation works is quite honestly literally pointless given the molten and consortium sickles are literally the fastest sickles in the game but that is due to a short animation this doesn't mean all sickles should farm at the same rate.

Then advertise the difference! It does matter for WVW players as well. For casual users, the guild hall is a big protion of their gathering. I am request that you stop trying to minimize our complaints.