Ranger pet not activating

@Khisanth.2948 said:@butterfly lynn.3046 @"Hinagiku.2156"Might want to check the patch notes when they get released, at least the sections for the classes you play https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98220/game-update-notes-february-25-2020

Soulbeast: Soulbeasts can no longer swap pets while in combat. Entering and leaving beastmode with your pet now counts as a pet swap for the purposes of the Clarion Bond and Zephyr's Speed traits.

Thank you for the notice!So it's not a bug, it just sucks. What the heck, arena

• 4 weeks later...

@Khisanth.2948 said:@butterfly lynn.3046 @"Hinagiku.2156"Might want to check the patch notes when they get released, at least the sections for the classes you play https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98220/game-update-notes-february-25-2020

Soulbeast: Soulbeasts can no longer swap pets while in combat. Entering and leaving beastmode with your pet now counts as a pet swap for the purposes of the Clarion Bond and Zephyr's Speed traits.

That's what I thought and was looking for. Without seeing the patch notes, didn't look like a bug to me, but idk if this makes sense ...it's actually forcing binding to work as ''changing pet''.I guess using a pets ability+binded abilities+other pets abilities +binded abilities in a loop sounds OP to them, but with all the cooldowns I think it would take quite a bit of micro to use all that effectively.Thx for the info anyways.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Had this happen 09/10/2023 just a little before 1:49 PM EST in the vicinity of the Veteran Magic-Muddled Djinn Hero challenge in Crystal Oasis. While fighting the congregation of critters in that area I noticed my Untamed ranger's smokescale pet was missing and wouldn't come back, even when out of combat. The pet management window was blank, no pets selected in any of the four slots. I have screenshots, would love to post them here like we could back in the old days, but alas. In a screenshot taken shortly thereafter near the Amnoon waypoint the smokescale was back, but I don't remember what I did to get it back.

It was actually kind of neat. Petless ranger, at last!

• Confused 1