Visions of the Past. Revisiting GW1 Missions, Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall.

Guild Wars 1 had some of the most fun and interesting missions and lore. Visions of the Past has potential to bring back some classic GW1 missions. This is just an idea and hopefully it helps the development team. I appreciate the change that ArenaNet is pursuing this year. I wish you guys the best of luck with health and finance. Thank you for your efforts in making such a fantastic game.

I fail to see how this could be done and fear it would have a severe backlash. GW1 and GW2 are very much different. Although the story of a mission can be adopted, the look and feel would be very different and also the experience would differ a lot. Cause most people would expect a similar experience, they will likely be disappointed.

While the concept is somewhat interesting, I would argue against doing this, and I doubt ArenaNet ever will for the same reason why they wouldn't make GW1 events out of fractals.

The biggest thing is that it would take from what little GW1 profits remain. I think it would serve both ArenaNet and players more to tackle lore events that haven't had game (or novel) representation (as much as I would love to have a fractal that is based on the original battle against Kralkatorrik).

@"Ben K.6238" said:

1. The LWS1 storyline is still relevant to the characters alive in present-day GW2.This Visions of the Past update may include S1 content, but (hopefully), it refers solely to the Ryland stuff, and the S1 is just bonus that comes with.