Pet/ Mini levelling

Hey,

since gw2 lacks vertical progression, what if we got some kind of pets or just take the minis and give them lvls? You could feed them, fight with them and lvl them up to lets say 100. That would be fun and you would have something else to do. They could maybe even give small bonusses, that wouldnt impact you strength too much but maybe something like MF or Gold.What do you think about it? (Edit: Since there are already soo many Minis, adding a systrem to them would propably not work, but you could implement some sort of Pets bit by bit and also fill them gemshop)

Personally I'd rather not have another shopping list checkpoint on the way to a maxed character/account. I love this game precisely because it gives me the freedom to play the part(s) of the game I enjoy with a maxed character moderately easily.

I play to enjoy myself, and this game is sandbox-y enough to allow me a lot of freedom to choose the content I want to play. Specific progression systems that railroad me into playing what the game chooses for me rather than letting me choose my own path to fun are ok in moderation, but personally I think we already have more than enough of those and don't need another one.