LW s1 implementation was bad is a story point of view (for post HoT players)

I was very excited in finally being able to experience moments from LWs1 but this was not the way to do it, yeah its cool that we have more missions to do, but you are thrown in a mission with no context.

I just did the bran mission and i just appeared in the gate of cragstead with bran that was afraid i think of going in and facing a npc... and a battle happened with flame legion and dreadge ("molten alliance", wiki/ youtube knowledge as the game gives none to you) and after a few kills i faced a boss and that was it, learned nothing of bran... how we became friends... how we met... it was a generic mission overall, nothing at all what i was excited about.

they should show at least something before the mission so i can know what’s going on(this patch as a whole seen to be GW1 and vanilla GW2 vets focused with little care given to people who joined after HoT.)

I kind of wished we would re-experience the attack on Lion's Arch. That was what cemented the cast in my mind. I have to agree that it seemed kind of sudden, with zero introduction or any dialogue, but we have to remember: THIS is exactly what Season 1 story instances were. In order to re-capture the feeling of it we would have to visit instances maps with dozens of other players at once - or 5 to 10 man instances where we play through slimmed down versions of the meta events that happened back then. Those had the NPC dialogue and flavor, not the village with 10 generic NPCs in them adding a tiny bit of flavor by having 2 voiced lines.