WvW is unplayable

Kontrolle.3514

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"Kontrolle.3514" said:We have skill lags on every map and ques on every map. its is really unplayable.I think it is because you host your plattform in the amazon cloud. I think its not suited for WvW content.

GW2 should use Oracle's CloudPoint by point, Ellison went through a series of slides demonstrating how Oracle beats Amazon: its Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) is faster for analytics, faster for online transaction processing (OLTP), and literally thousands of times faster for mixed workloads than Amazon DBaaS

thousand times faster than AWS for mixed workloads, GW2 should use Oracle, imagine the game being thousand times more smoother.GW2 uses AWS and they don't even take advantage of the other offers AWS includes... Twitch. There's no Twitch drops in GW2, but in ESO they use AWS, they integrate Twitch Drops because

ESO developers know how to use API's and
Integration
GW2 developer team could use more millennials on their team. Fresh college and knowledge of API's and Integration. Also fresh knowledge of apps to integrate with.

How does this game not have Twitch drops, smh. All the big games have it.

Even with GW2 PvP Tournaments, live tourny... 2 years now? It's LIVE!!!! But updates are 3 games behind..... You cant watch the game.... The score updates? They are static, refreshes when the system refreshes.... OPPOSITE of LIVE. But the button says... LIVE!smh

GW2 doesn't fully utilize Twitch? Just go with Oracle IaaS/DBaaS, much faster, by thousand times much faster, also I hear its cheaper.Pretty certain the game servers need more than just a database to run.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Kontrolle.3514" said:We have skill lags on every map and ques on every map. its is really unplayable.I think it is because you host your plattform in the amazon cloud. I think its not suited for WvW content.

GW2 should use Oracle's CloudPoint by point, Ellison went through a series of slides demonstrating how Oracle beats Amazon: its Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) is faster for analytics, faster for online transaction processing (OLTP), and literally thousands of times faster for mixed workloads than Amazon DBaaS

thousand times faster than AWS for mixed workloads, GW2 should use Oracle, imagine the game being thousand times more smoother.GW2 uses AWS and they don't even take advantage of the other offers AWS includes... Twitch. There's no Twitch drops in GW2, but in ESO they use AWS, they integrate Twitch Drops because

Integration
GW2 developer team could use more millennials on their team. Fresh college and knowledge of API's and Integration. Also fresh knowledge of apps to integrate with.

Even with GW2 PvP Tournaments, live tourny... 2 years now? It's LIVE!!!! But updates are 3 games behind..... You cant watch the game.... The score updates? They are static, refreshes when the system refreshes.... OPPOSITE of LIVE. But the button says... LIVE!smh

GW2 doesn't fully utilize Twitch? Just go with Oracle IaaS/DBaaS, much faster, by thousand times much faster, also I hear its cheaper.Pretty certain the game servers need more than just a database to run.

AWS Cloud and Oracle Cloud is same exact thing, it's an IaaS. Oracle is just less popular even though it is better. Most games go with AWS because they intend to use other services like Twitch.GW2 not using Twitch to the fullest, there is no Twitch drops, I'm not sure why GW2 chooses AWS over Azure or Oracle.

Must be because they think if they choose AWS they in cool kids crowd.You know like people who pick MacBooks over PC for gaming. Cooler gamer if you play on MacBook? Right? Wrong?...Meanwhile PC performs better, cheaper, etc.

Hmmm.Sounds like AWS vs Oracle.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Integration

GW2 doesn't fully utilize Twitch? Just go with Oracle IaaS/DBaaS, much faster, by thousand times much faster, also I hear its cheaper.

+1

interesting

https://cloudwars.co/oracle/zoom-picks-oracle-cloud-infrastructure-larry-ellison-youtube-video/Zoom chooses NOT AWS.Zoom has very HIGH DEMAND, rapid scaling up and down and it needs the best if it wants to stay the best.It is rapidly growing, it wants to use the SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE cloud provider.Who does it chose?

Oracle Cloud.