Any way to permanently take story off of UI?

I had to do part of Path of Fire to go to that area but didn't continue the story. I'm currently trying to clear maps and rather than pointing me to the next thing on the map, the story marker keeps resetting every time I change zones or waypoints. I can go in and manually quit the episode but as soon as I zone again it defaults back on and is rather annoying . . .

So if i get it right you want that the content guide/compass in the top right to show you the objectives you need for map completion, but it wants to guide you to the next story part. Is that correct?

If so, you could simply go to options. General options -> User interface section -> content guide dropdown list and choose there to disable personal story.You could as well choose the "Hide events and personal story" option then the only function left for the content guide is map completion.

That will still leave the next/current story step in the top right corner intact, but it doesn't interact with the compass anymore.

@"Ronan.9518" said:So if i get it right you want that the content guide/compass in the top right to show you the objectives you need for map completion, but it wants to guide you to the next story part. Is that correct?

If so, you could simply go to options. General options -> User interface section -> content guide dropdown list and choose there to disable personal story.You could as well choose the "Hide events and personal story" option then the only function left for the content guide is map completion.

That will still leave the next/current story step in the top right corner intact, but it doesn't interact with the compass anymore.

Thanks! The story still comes back when I zone and stays on mini map but as you said , at least it doesn't take over my compass anymore. I appreciate you taking the time to post. :)