Gem store item suggestion: Return to previous map scroll

Just as the title says. A scroll that returns you to your previous map. So many times I've jumped off maps only to realize I forgot something. It would be nice to have a way to go back. Given that the Mistlock Sanctuary Lounge returns you to your previous map I would think that the previous map is logged in game data so it should be easy to put together a scroll to return the player there.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Not so easy. The reason you can return to previous map from Mistlock Sanctuary is that Mistlock Sanctuary, Guild Halls, WvW, PvP are 'instances' and not part of the World Map.

Thus, the game doesn't remember where you were when you change PvE maps.

The Mistlock Sanctuary isn't an instance. It's part of the world map just south of Claw Island. You can see that if you go there and go to the world map then go to lowest level of the map. You can party up with someone else and if they have the passkey they can Teleport to Friend there.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Waypoints?

The point is not to use WPs but have a return device that doesn't charge currency. Plus it gives ANet another gemstore item to sell to support the game.

The cost for waypoints is quite low, unless you are a new player account without much cash. I don't see the benefit of spending resources to make something that fits your request when the means already exist within the game. Remember, part of the purpose of waypoints is a gold-sink, so providing this free alternative could adversely affect the economy.

Good luck, though.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Waypoints?

The point is not to use WPs but have a return device that doesn't charge currency. Plus it gives ANet another gemstore item to sell to support the game.

The cost for waypoints is quite low, unless you are a new player account without much cash. I don't see the benefit of spending resources to make something that fits your request when the means already exist within the game. Remember, part of the purpose of waypoints is a gold-sink, so providing this free alternative could adversely affect the economy.

Good luck, though.

If you know the game you rarely have to use WPs unless you are down and sometimes not even then if you don't care where you go. I can't remember the last time I used a WP. My suggestion is a convenience item that only returns you to your last map. If you were in Dragon's Stand and left to the Havoc's Heir Airship but forgot something scroll would take you back to the map.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Mistlock Sanctuary is in the Mists.

I guess it's a special area of the Mists.

Regardless, regular World Map areas don't have that functionality.

Still, best of luck.

Not true. While lore wise it might be in the mists but in game it's not. It's south of Claw Island. Go to it, pull the world map then click the lowest layer of the world map and zoom out.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Mistlock Sanctuary is in the Mists.

I guess it's a special area of the Mists.

Regardless, regular World Map areas don't have that functionality.

Still, best of luck.

Not true. While lore wise it might be in the mists but in game it's not. It's south of Claw Island. Go to it, pull the world map then click the lowest layer of the world map and zoom out.

Probably due to them wanting you to be able to go to every location from that hub. Armistice bastion has a similar function but you have to choose that option when you leave to return to your previous map.

But, is it really so costly as to use a waypoint? And if so they are doing their job, they are afterall a money sink and while they dont cost much allowing players to bypass them entirely(i mean you can do this already if you run to the map.).

EDIT: Since your post is about other lounges gaining the ability that those two lounges have, i dont see why it wouldnt be a bad thing to make the lounges all even with each other. No need for a separate item. Just add in that function that already exists.