Condition damage rounded to nearest hundred?

gem.9038

According to the wiki 1 stack of bleeding is 22 damage. Adding 100 condition damage gives +6 to damage. My condition damage is 650. Therefore it should be 6x6 then add 3. Which is 39. 39 + 22 is 61. I also have the trait modifier bleeding is 33% more dangerous. Therefore it's 61 + 20 which is 81 damage. However when I put 1 stack of bleeding onto the golem it says 85. When 650 damage is rounded up to 700 it is then 85. Is condition damage actually rounded to the nearest hundred then?

Well gw2 based on a heavily modified gw1 engine. gw1 base engine rounded damage to the nearest. X.5xxxxxx was rounded to the lowest, X.6 was rounded to the next highest. For example in gw1 a 14% damage increase was just as powerful as a 15% damage increase in some situations and skills, because of how the engine rounded things. I expect gw2 to be no different considering it is the same engine that has just been modified specifically for gw2. Is it rounding for you you'll have to do the math and figure it out but needs to be 0.6 before take you to the next highest. It could be X.599 still rounds to the lowest X.6 and higher always to highest this all based on the math and data I put together back in my gw1 days. (BTW X is any number like 1.5 or 1.6 1.5999999999 still rounded to 1, 1.6 will be rounded to 2 ofcoarse so on and so on)

They maybe a missed variable in your calculation and it could be a bug to you never know. Personally not sure why it matters 50 dmg really isnt alot to lose or gain be happy you gaining it though lol.

Archived