Idea: New Core Weapon - Sword

Taril.8619

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Well, you added to much LF gen now. A single skill with LF gen would have been enough (like most other weapons).The skills do nothing but damage. No leap, no block, no heal, no defensive boon, no blind, no cripple, no immb... The LF gen is reasonable.

And since necro lacks defensive offhand weapons (e.g. like warrior shield), this leads me to the point that this weapon would only be viable in PvE.

You might want to read again the skills description. So far, one of the skills that generate LF have a deal damage, apply 2 poison stack, have a blast finisher and transfer conditions. All this on 5 targets and on 10 seconds cool down. I'd say that the 8% LF are the icing on the overcharged cake.

As for the other skill which is on the AA, this skill mainly dealing damage is a given.

If you think that a weapon that transfer conditions on up to 5 foes on a 10 seconds CD have no use in PvP... Well, you might end up surprised. The heavy focus on Poison also favor PvP because you seldom encounter mobs that heal themself in PvE while poison can be devastating in PvP. The whole choice of damaging condition make it strong in PvP, even the fact that it's more "bursty" in it's application of condition favor more PvP than PvE.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Well, you added to much LF gen now. A single skill with LF gen would have been enough (like most other weapons).The skills do nothing but damage. No leap, no block, no heal, no defensive boon, no blind, no cripple, no immb... The LF gen is reasonable.

And since necro lacks defensive offhand weapons (e.g. like warrior shield), this leads me to the point that this weapon would only be viable in PvE.

You might want to read again the skills description. So far, one of the skills that generate LF have a deal damage, apply 2 poison stack, have a blast finisher and transfer conditions.How does that save you from your target just unloading its burst on you?

All this on 5 targets and on 10 seconds cool down. I'd say that the 8% LF are the icing on the overcharged cake.If it's 8% per target, then sure... but if it works like dagger (which generates LF only for 1 target even if it hits 2), then that's not much.

If you think that a weapon that transfer conditions on up to 5 foes on a 10 seconds CD have no use in PvP...Dagger4 does that too and it's trash.

Well, you might end up surprised. The heavy focus on Poison also favor PvP because you seldom encounter mobs that heal themself in PvE while poison can be devastating in PvP. The whole choice of damaging condition make it strong in PvP, even the fact that it's more "bursty" in it's application of condition favor more PvP than PvE.Poison does not stop your target from ... I said it already.

If you join PvP with this weapon you will have nothing against any kind of hardfocus. Try to fight with reaper greatsword only using skill 1, 2 and 3 and watch how far you get and how much life force you can actually build up before ending up in the dust.

You seem to have some glass canon in mind that strikes with devastating attacks. Too bad that this does not work in PvP because everyone will focus you first an also have an easy time killing you when you are on that weaponset.

@KrHome.1920 said:You seem to have some glass canon in mind that strikes with devastating attacks. Too bad that this does not work in PvP because everyone will focus you first an also have an easy time killing you when you are on that weaponset.

And you seem to think that the necromancer's defense lie in it's weapons. It's not. If you want some defense along with conditions you trait for it (it's in curse, you know this GM trait that apply weakness on critical hits.). If you prefer some sustain along with your condition damage you have another one GM in curse for that. And all the while you have the shroud at hand. If you want damage reduction death magic will heavily make use of this weapon and it's ability to stack poison and, in general conditions. The weaponset don't need defensive CD to be viable in sPvP.

And, no, I don't think of some fabulously extravagant glass canon build. I just look at the skills objectively, melee weapon can be used successfully in sPvP on other professions without any defensive cool down integrated. We both know that poison and torment are PvP conditions because in PvE those conditions are half as effective (mobs/boss barely move for torment to unleash it's full potential and the heal reduction of the poison do nothing there).