Skyscale Mount

So I'm on the saddle section of the skyscale mount. Now I know I work like everyone else. I've been working on this achievement for about 3 weeks now going on 4. I'm not trying to make an excuse in anyway. But I just feel 250 pieces of the different map currencies are alot being some of meta events only give 1 as a reward for some of the maps. I'm not saying remove them from the achievement all together. I'm just saying maybe lower the number to 150 or increase the amount the meta gives on certain maps. For example mist motes, the meta gives 1 with the very low low chance of up to 10. You also get 9 chest if I'm correct but, hopefully you joined from the start of the meta because you need 9 keys to open every chest. They there are the branded creatures that kralk empoweres. That's 3 chest each but the champs only drop 1 key. So potentially you could get about 40 mist motes if you have 40 keys. Kralk, 9 chest, 10 champs 3 chest each. If you have a good group it doesnt take long about an hour but that's not always the case so it takes either forever or just doesnt complete. Maybe make it so kralk drops 10 and leave the chest the way they are. That way you get at the very least 10 instead of Russian roulette numbers from kralk. So even if you dont have 29 more keys you made out with something. But this is only 1 map. There are 7 others that have to be farmed also. So I'm just saying maybe lower that number to 150. I mean the achievement already is time gated. Have to wait 3hours for Gorik to take you to the next step. Not only that finding the skyscale when it decides to take its joyride requires you to kill some world bosses (Golem Mk3 or Shadow Bohemeth). Like I said I work like everyone else so getting on when these bosses are up can sometimes be difficult. Not to mention i can usually only squeeze 3 to 4 hours in of time to dedicate to farming if I'm lucky in a day. Again im not making excuses and I realize its optional but, it is alot.

This may help, Doing both meta events in Bjorn Marches and opening all essence chest will give you around 800 eternal ice a day. You can get more if you farm the nodes. But those 800 can be exchanged for any map currency. 75 ice per 10 map currency. that comes to around 100 of any map currency you're working on per day. There is also 3 Bjorn jumping puzzles that give essence chest and a daily blessing run that gives an essence chest.

@"Pheonix.1734" said:So I'm on the saddle section of the skyscale mount. Now I know I work like everyone else. I've been working on this achievement for about 3 weeks now going on 4. I'm not trying to make an excuse in anyway. But I just feel 250 pieces of the different map currencies are alot being some of meta events only give 1 as a reward for some of the maps. I'm not saying remove them from the achievement all together. I'm just saying maybe lower the number to 150 or increase the amount the meta gives on certain maps. For example mist motes, the meta gives 1 with the very low low chance of up to 10. You also get 9 chest if I'm correct but, hopefully you joined from the start of the meta because you need 9 keys to open every chest. They there are the branded creatures that kralk empoweres. That's 3 chest each but the champs only drop 1 key. So potentially you could get about 40 mist motes if you have 40 keys. Kralk, 9 chest, 10 champs 3 chest each. If you have a good group it doesnt take long about an hour but that's not always the case so it takes either forever or just doesnt complete. Maybe make it so kralk drops 10 and leave the chest the way they are. That way you get at the very least 10 instead of Russian roulette numbers from kralk. So even if you dont have 29 more keys you made out with something. But this is only 1 map. There are 7 others that have to be farmed also. So I'm just saying maybe lower that number to 150. I mean the achievement already is time gated. Have to wait 3hours for Gorik to take you to the next step. Not only that finding the skyscale when it decides to take its joyride requires you to kill some world bosses (Golem Mk3 or Shadow Bohemeth). Like I said I work like everyone else so getting on when these bosses are up can sometimes be difficult. Not to mention i can usually only squeeze 3 to 4 hours in of time to dedicate to farming if I'm lucky in a day. Again im not making excuses and I realize its optional but, it is alot.

It's 5 other maps; Trade Contracts are acquired all over.This may be helpful: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skyscale_Saddle#Notes

Good luck.

Yeah but that's only 5 a day. Yeah it helps being you can also get 5 for each at Dragon Fall also but, that's pushing it being you need the volatile magic for the components purchase. I just suggested lowering the number needed being it would make it easier to farm. That's all. I've knocked out 3 so far but like I said that took almost a month of getting on 2 hours here and 2 hours there. It was just a suggestion. I know they probably wont even consider it but, i just thought it would help make it less strenuous that's all.

@Pheonix.1734 said:Yeah but that's only 5 a day. Yeah it helps being you can also get 5 for each at Dragon Fall also but, that's pushing it being you need the volatile magic for the components purchase. I just suggested lowering the number needed being it would make it easier to farm. That's all. I've knocked out 3 so far but like I said that took almost a month of getting on 2 hours here and 2 hours there. It was just a suggestion. I know they probably wont even consider it but, i just thought it would help make it less strenuous that's all.

It's not only 5 a day, if you read the notes and followed the links. :)You can also gather from another's Home Instance. (Assuming you don't have all the nodes in yours.)

I'm usually getting keys in Dragonfall by rotating through 3 "Cull nearby enemies" events in Melandru's Lost Domain, they are quite easy to solo, and by the time you finish third, you can wp to first, just find empty/low population map, and additionally you can tag some other events here too. And it's easiest map LS4 to do map completion to get 25 motes.

@Pheonix.1734 said:Yeah but that's only 5 a day. Yeah it helps being you can also get 5 for each at Dragon Fall also but, that's pushing it being you need the volatile magic for the components purchase. I just suggested lowering the number needed being it would make it easier to farm. That's all. I've knocked out 3 so far but like I said that took almost a month of getting on 2 hours here and 2 hours there. It was just a suggestion. I know they probably wont even consider it but, i just thought it would help make it less strenuous that's all.

I feel for you. I have limited time, too. It took me many months to acquire my skyscale. Just keep banging away at it. You'll get there!