Warrior, the tougher class to play?

swifti.2590

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Tycura.1982 said:This one always gets me. People think warrior is easy because it kills noobs. Now try to kill someone good with warrior and it's a whole different game. That enemy elementalist has a whole swiss army knife at his disposal and you've got a hammer.

Your competitive builds are melee, slow, telegraphed, and have no teleports and the only way you can beat other classes is by adapting your very limited skill set to best counter their very broad skill sets. But yeah no y war so dum.

If you think war takes no effort come duel me on it War vs War.

Warrior is still the easiest class to play with really to low effort to be good at.If you come wvw it is still among the best roamers and dueling spec at duel spot.

I did a duel with a guy yesterday, perma 25 might all fight and after 3 seconds of fight he already had them, same when rev and holo had easy might access.

Dodge rolled up to 10 times in not even 30 seconds fight. Endure pain still the best stunbreak panic button.

Yeah CC doesn't not make big damage anymore (luckily), you were happy of pressing bull's charge for 8k damage and 10k arcing slice right? 2 buttons is really hard gameplay to master yeah.

In sPvP you can say anything you want, it's underpowered.But if you struggle in wvw with warrior you are just trash and should unistall.

Btw try the new meta strenght discipline tactics with the immobilize on axe throw and then let me know.

@Tycura.1982 said:This one always gets me. People think warrior is easy because it kills noobs. Now try to kill someone good with warrior and it's a whole different game. That enemy elementalist has a whole swiss army knife at his disposal and you've got a hammer.

Your competitive builds are melee, slow, telegraphed, and have no teleports and the only way you can beat other classes is by adapting your very limited skill set to best counter their very broad skill sets. But yeah no y war so dum.

Warrior is still the easiest class to play with really to low effort to be good at.If you come wvw it is still among the best roamers and dueling spec at duel spot.

I did a duel with a guy yesterday, perma 25 might all fight and after 3 seconds of fight he already had them, same when rev and holo had easy might access.

Dodge rolled up to 10 times in not even 30 seconds fight. Endure pain still the best stunbreak panic button.

Yeah CC doesn't not make big damage anymore (luckily), you were happy of pressing bull's charge for 8k damage and 10k arcing slice right? 2 buttons is really hard gameplay to master yeah.

In sPvP you can say anything you want, it's underpowered.But if you struggle in wvw with warrior you are just trash and should unistall.

Btw try the new meta strenght discipline tactics with the immobilize on axe throw and then let me know.

Being easy to play and understand is a double edged sword, this makes it easy for the wars opponent to predict and counter them thus what was prob meant when OP states harder class to be effective with, especially against non noob players.War initially was designed as was its skills to have the hard cc be a part of the burst damage wise and when anets devs removed damage from cc skills it effected warrior far harder than other classes as well as the multiple hits from many angles its sustain got due to relying on multiple synergies thru traits and signets that ALL were hammered with a nerf unlike most classes that saw very little sustain nerfs or even huge sustain buffs ie necro etc.War in wvw is not a great roamer anymore, any decent player can kite a warrior so easily it's almost not even a challenge, I do this on thief and ranger often. It's only useful as a shout bubble bot. There's good reason why its relatively known across the board along with mirage as the weakest class in the game.Any class can be effective if the player is far more skilled than its opponent but two close skilled opponents most classes should best warrior in melee right now and that should definitely not be the case but hey thsts anets balancing and why this games pvp and wvw population is ever growing each year lmao.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"Tycura.1982" said:This one always gets me. People think warrior is easy because it kills noobs. Now try to kill someone good with warrior and it's a whole different game. That enemy elementalist has a whole swiss army knife at his disposal and you've got a hammer.

Sounds like someone hasn't played against a warrior since February. Also stop exaggerating for no reason, no warrior build can roll 10 times in 30 seconds, that's one roll every 3 seconds. If he had 25might after 3 seconds he was probably running core warrior with "for great justice" because spell breaker can't rack up adrenaline fast enough to get magebane tether and rack up 25 might so quick.

Warrior is far from being one of the best roamers. Super easy to kite and disengage and also almost nobody uses endure pain anymore wtf? Soulbeasts/Holo/Rev/Thief/Burn Guard are far better roamers than warriors and have been for many months now. Strength/Tactics/Warrior hasn't been meta forever and is worse in every way than spellbreaker unless you play against people who don't know how to dodge. Axe burst is the easiest thing to evade in the world and the damage on eviscerate has been completely gutted. The build does not have anywhere near enough sustain even with shouts that heal due to lack of active defenses in full counter and much less access to might than spellbreaker so lower damage and less healing from might makes right.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

sounds like another wvw roamer that i can beat with 7 different classes in pvp.you realize being easy and simple is the biggest disadvantage when playing against actual people with brain right?

When it comes to Warrior, post-feb patch, it's the player that hard carries the profession. Currently, yes it is a tough class to play but not because the class is tough to play, if that makes sense?

It's a simple class, regardless of build. Land CC and then burst. Most of our skills are big wind-up, telegraphed skills which are easy to dodge, avoid or kite. Most of the skill in playing Warrior comes from our ability to bait dodge rolls, fake out utility by wep stowing, and swap cancelling so that we can then land our important skills... But none of these are Warrior specific mechanics.

The tough part is simply being outclassed, on current patch, by every other profession you come across. If someone plays their Ranger/Engi/Thief/etc as well as you can play warrior then they should always win.

Our sustain through Might was gutted, as well as Healing Signet which got a 30%ish nerf, so we can't really fulfil a full brawler role anymore. When a Warrior takes damage now, it really does stick. We have to hit and run so that we can slowly heal off any damage we've taken.

Burst skills hit much lower, which means that now when we land CC it isn't as punishing for our opponents, thus we now have to land CC more often for damage to stick and stack. A lot of classes are pooping out stability left, right and centre so good luck with landing a Shield Bash.

Overall, the class plays the same as it always has. The nerf patch just hit Warriors (arguably) the hardest, dropping it very low on the totem pole. Your outplays aren't nearly as rewarding anymore and your mistakes are far more punishing, thus making it artificially tougher to play.