SOULBOUNDED

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:Doesn't right click > unlock skin just account bind an item, though, rather than soulbinding it? It should, since the point is to prevent multiple players unlocking the same skin from one item. It's a while since I did it though, so maybe I'm misremembering...

Yes it does.

I thought that the only way you can actually soulbind gear is by equipping it.

The only soulbound on acquire gear you get is from karma or other vendors or level up rewards (your character can use those of course). All other rare or exotic drops that I've had were soulbound on equip apart from those PoF trinkets that casualkenny mentioned.

You can soulbind it by applying runes or sigils aswell.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:Doesn't right click > unlock skin just account bind an item, though, rather than soulbinding it? It should, since the point is to prevent multiple players unlocking the same skin from one item. It's a while since I did it though, so maybe I'm misremembering...

Yes it does.

I thought that the only way you can actually soulbind gear is by equipping it.

The only soulbound on acquire gear you get is from karma or other vendors or level up rewards (your character can use those of course). All other rare or exotic drops that I've had were soulbound on equip apart from those PoF trinkets that casualkenny mentioned.

You can soulbind it by applying runes or sigils aswell.

Ah yes or by selecting stat combinations too. Simply looting it won't bind the gear though.

@VelvetJelly.2896 said:

@"hgkmaxymus.9321" said:Also, Ascended and Legendary armor are account bound, just the way OP wants.

Exotics are kinda easy to craft/buy. Ascended takes some effort (if you don't do fractals/raids/etc), but it is worth it.

And, as people mentioned, each profession has a set of armor type they can wear.Ascended armor is account bound, but has an armor type. Even if you have an ascended heavy armor, your elementalist can't use it, since eles wear light armor.

Other than that, have fun with the game o/

Correction i meant my revenant. I figured people would piece it together like, "oh this what he meant" but i see being literal is a must in todays world. no thinking for themselves, but thats besides the point. Thank you for the info fam. but yeah ive been playing for 2 years give a take. ijust started saying something bc i figured a lot wouldve changed by now. not to mention being hopeful that it wouldve been changed when Patrick and Jeff left. being that they were pvp focused and its clear that this dev team and Mike is shying away from that.

Um...Patrick and Jeff left ArenaNet 4 years before Guild Wars 2 even launched. Also, Mike left 9 months ago.