Bring back Acidic Elixirs

archmagus.7249

As a history lesson, way back in the early days of GW2, the 5 specializations of core classes existed as trait lines, and you had points you could put into these trait lines, some in all 5 once if you wanted. One of the traits was called Acidic Elixirs, and it damaged and removed a boon from enemies in thrown elixirs; it also counted elixir gun 5 for this, making it a very versatile kit, as it can be used for both offense and support very well. When the switch was made to specializations, it got scrapped.

I'd like to see it return,as it will improve build diversity, and give engineers more of a boon strip role,as well as support.

I would like it to return thematically, but not exactly how it has been back then.

My hope is that we can get an elite spec based on chemicals for the next expansion, with acids, poisonous fumes and other deadly concoctions. And one aspect of this elite spec could be boon removal through acid. Instead of letting it deal slight power damage, it could corrupt enemy boons into poison stacks.