Zephyr Scaffolding Awful Buggy Texture

Hello, recently I've made a new "Zephyr Scaffolding" decoration for my guild hall, but its texture seems terribly off. There's a layer of a very poor, low res, pixelated texture on top of a lot better model. Have anyone else encoutered this problem? Can it be updated?

Nrz8w0Y.jpgpuZ59Gl.jpgKr0VceG.jpg

Seems like it! I think it was made like this to give it more "volume" and illusion of multiple bamboo sticks, but truly the other texture is terrible and below game standard.

As a side note to my screens, I'm playing on High graphic settings, but even on Low the "top" texture is even worse than the "bottom"!

The vast majority of guild decorations are assets designed back when player perspective was from the ground only, or in restricted areas, so why would the artists care about the top that would never be seen up close?

Most people would rather new, cleaner assets are created rather than spend resources to "fix" old assets.

@"Memoranda.9386" said:The vast majority of guild decorations are assets designed back when player perspective was from the ground only, or in restricted areas, so why would the artists care about the top that would never be seen up close?

Sadly it's not the case! You can encouter this model in game in a lot of places, and very often it's being used as a path/bridge, on normal, playable maps. The top view is its "main" view. That's this model's purpose, to walk on it. But in the normal game, it has a much better quality, just like the layer underneath the pixelated texture, visible on my screenshots. The HD texture is still present, just covered with low-res mess :(

@BlackLotus.8349 said:Is it possible that the low res texture is meant to be viewed at a distance and then replaced with the higher res texture when you get close? I know that's a common technique in video games to help with performance, maybe it bugged out in this area?

Perhaps you are onto something! GW2 does, indeed, swap models for HD version upon getting closer. It does in fact look like in this instance, the low-resolution and high-resolution pieces got merged together as one asset. I hope someone from ANet team will notice this post and fix it, so only the HD bridge will remain :'(

@Derpina.2597 said:

@"Memoranda.9386" said:The vast majority of guild decorations are assets designed back when player perspective was from the ground only, or in restricted areas, so why would the artists care about the top that would never be seen up close?

Sadly it's not the case! You can encouter this model in game in a lot of places, and very often it's being used as a path/bridge, on normal, playable maps. The top view is its "main" view. That's this model's purpose, to walk on it. But in the normal game, it has a much better quality, just like the layer underneath the pixelated texture, visible on my screenshots. The HD texture is still present, just covered with low-res mess :(

Strange indeed. The only reason I could think of would be to limit the textures that would need to load since a lot can be crammed in to a small space inside guild halls.